360 ragnarok chips

Fredrow

Alright. The only reason i ask about send ins is that you can get a new controller from amazon for about 35 right now, and i imagine your send in fee would be 20, and that all still comes out cheaper base cost than buying all from you, no offense, i pinch pennies.

Auto spot is basically where when you push the left trigger to aim down the sights, it also sends the signal to the select button. At least, thats how it works for BF3, but im not sure about spotting for gears 3. Evilcontrollers wants 250 for theirs, with less features than you guys are selling. I would buy a macro controller if I was going to spend that kind of money. I love that everything is adjustable on yours, that's the clincher. Anyway, When you ADS, it also hits the select button a couple times for you, i guess.

Did I read this right? Did you say that if there was a send-in service that it would be $20??

odingalt

Staff member
Auto spot is basically where when you push the left trigger to aim down the sights, it also sends the signal to the select button. At least, thats how it works for BF3, but im not sure about spotting for gears 3. Evilcontrollers wants 250 for theirs, with less features than you guys are selling. I would buy a macro controller if I was going to spend that kind of money. I love that everything is adjustable on yours, that's the clincher. Anyway, When you ADS, it also hits the select button a couple times for you, i guess.

On the Evil controllers, what do you do if you just just want to scope in without autospotting? Do you have to turn autospot off first? If so, how do you toggle autospot on and off? Or is it on a separate tac switch by itself?

skullriot

Ok ok, maybe an underestimate, but still a send in would be cheaper, jussss saying XD

As for the spotting, i guess you just toggle the mod, but in BF3, i don't see a reason to not auto spot. maybe in Gears3 it might get annoying. I haven't played either at this point, but all i hear is "SPOT you **** people!" With a quick toggle I'm sure it wouldn't be too big a hassle. The evilcontroller mod has D-right and right stick click, unless the changed it with the update. A tac switch combo wouldn't be too big a deal, for me at least.

I do have something for you guys. I got a 4 button mod done, and basically it just clones the ABXY buttons to the underside. Have you guys thought about adding this to what you already do? I have this installed, but I don't have a high res camera >.> Probly deserves its own thread haha.

odingalt

Staff member
I do have something for you guys. I got a 4 button mod done, and basically it just clones the ABXY buttons to the underside. Have you guys thought about adding this to what you already do? I have this installed, but I don't have a high res camera >.> Probly deserves its own thread haha.

Dat's what the macro controller is for :)

skullriot

Dat's what the macro controller is for

Well this is a direct hook up. I know the macro controller can do that but this is just a hard wire button thing. The cost is a bit different... materials alone is around 10 bucks or so, and theres 5 solder points on the board.

Fredrow

Dat's what the macro controller is for

E'; what Skullriot is talking about is exactly what I did on a couple controllers of my own (that maybe you saw before) on my controllers I removed the tact switches from the thumbsticks and then installed two push buttons on the bottom shell that were tied into the left/right thumbstick press......

Well this is a direct hook up. I know the macro controller can do that but this is just a hard wire button thing. The cost is a bit different... materials alone is around 10 bucks or so, and theres 5 solder points on the board.

I love it when people make comments like this! Oh wait, no I don't!!!! The reason why I hate comments like this is because you're turning a time consuming/medium-level of difficulty job into a super easy wham bam thank you ma'am type of job!! So now people that read this will think that the work we do is actually super easy and takes no time at all; which is complete B.S.....

To hard-wire the ABXY buttons to new push-buttons/tact switches that would be located on the bottom shell would be done in this order,
Take apart the controller
locate 4 good spots to put the new tact switches into the bottom shell. Then you gotta make sure non of your wires will be get smashed by any of the hanging plastic pieces on the inside of the bottom shell.
Next drill holes for the new switches.
Hot glue the new switches.
Measure wire lengths for the V+ connections going from the ABXY points on the controllers PCB to each of the corresponding switches you have just installed into the bottom shell.
Then you need to measure either 1 or 4 GND wire lengths for each switch. Because as we all know you can not complete a circuit without a ground connection. (As you may see, I said either 1 or 4; because you can run 1 wire to each or just run 1 GND wire to one switch then from that switch you can run your GND connections to the other 3 switches)
While doing all of that you have to keep in mind that your going to need slack in the wires because you are going from the top half of the controllers PCB to the bottom shell of the controller.
Next you will need to solder all your wires up and then after soldering the wires your next thing is to tuck the wires nicely away in hopes of closing up your controller!!!

So for you to say that, hey its only 10 bucks worth the parts and only five solder points!!!! That's easy!!!!
But really its much more than that, and your 5 solder points actually turns into 16 solder connections.......

I'm not trying to talk down on you or am here to make fun of you; I'm just here to clear the air so that people really understand how much work we put into these controllers!!!

odingalt

Staff member
I think maybe a misunderstanding, I thought he was just saying the x,y,b,a mod itself was easy. Not that the macro install was easy :)

Fredrow

I think maybe a misunderstanding, I thought he was just saying the x,y,b,a mod itself was easy. Not that the macro install was easy

**** dude, now you got me scratching my head!!! LOL...... He did say that hard-wiring the ABXY buttons to new tact switches that would be located on the bottom shell is super easy to do!!
He said NOTHING about the Viking360 macro controller or installing the macro controller......

PS3andCOD

Contributor

On the Evil controllers, what do you do if you just just want to scope in without autospotting? Do you have to turn autospot off first? If so, how do you toggle autospot on and off? Or is it on a separate tac switch by itself?

It doesn't matter, spotting doesn't affect anything at all other than making the enemies show up on teamates maps, so you would never want to stop spotting.

odingalt

Staff member
Fredrow, take it down a notch buddy. We want to encourage the other hobbyists here, not put them down. I was a hobbyist before I started this company, I still respect people doing their own thing regardless of experience or technical ability or whatever it is.