360 Ragnarok Driver/Software Update Ideas

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I had a few ideas for driver/software updates for the 360 Ragnarok that I figured I'd share. Not sure if all of them are possible or if they are all things that others would want to be implemented but I figured I'd post them anyway. Some of these things have been brought up before in other topics but I think it would be easier to get them all into one topic, so if anybody has any other ideas Post them here. So far this is what I have come up with:

Requests Not Yet Fulfilled:
-Be able to scroll backwards through modes (say if you are on rapidfire mode 3 and you want to go back to mode 1 quickly)
-Auto Revive and Auto Chainsaw duel in GOW3
-Update the Software's default Perfect Active Reload Delay speeds (many of them are not accurate and mode 2 that is supposed to work for 3 different weapons listed and only barely works for one (lancer), maybe use the open slot modes and put specific times for specific weapons? like mode 6 is an open slot but is the delay for the hammerburst)
-Add slow, medium, fast jitter like on the legacy controllers?
-third drop shot option, that would be the opposite of the second mode. Drop shot would be disabled while hip firing and would engage when aiming. I'm a hard rusher, almost always in the open, so that would be absolutely perfect for me.
-Jump shot

Requests Fulfilled:
-Turbo Knife/Melee
-Implement the use of the Sync button to do some type of function/act as another "tac"? -Sync is now used for programming the speeds/delays without the need to connect to the PC
-Programmable Quickscope Delays (old quickscope was almost ineffective + very slow and some snipers zoom in faster than others, Quickdraw perk also effects it)
-Better Fast Reload (the fast reload currently is very slow, by that i mean the speed of the button command, and is almost useless in MW3, idk if there's any way to make it faster, maybe add the sprint cancel method MJ23KB24 posted in his video tutorial? semtex method isn't the greatest)
-Auto-Spot/Mark (in BF3 when aiming at an enemy if you press back if will "tag" them for your team, in GoW3 it's clicking the Left Stick instead of Back) So have a mode where for each game when you're aiming down your sight at an enemy it taps Back in BF or clicks in the LS in GoW3 several times (like a few times or so cuz it doesn't register right away)
-Auto Sprint
-Fix the rapidfire speeds for each mode that is specific to a game (many of them are not very accurate right now such as some of the MW3 ones, Gears of War 3, CoD4, etc.)

I know a lot of these things would take time or that some may not be possible/won't be done and I'm not expecting anything anytime soon. I'm contempt with all the features the 360 Ragnarok already has, I just figured I'd throw these out there because I'm sure others have been thinking about these types of things too. If anyone has any other ideas please post them here.

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Awesome post! Odingalt and I actually just talked about this! We will try to implement as many of these as possible within the coming weeks months.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Awesome, sounds good. We all appreciate the hard work you guys both put into the updates. Figured it would be easy to get everybody's input and to condense all the talk about this into one topic lol.

odingalt

Staff member
This is an awesome list. Everything (but phantom buttons) we should be able to do. Some of the features get tricky. For example, auto sprint pushes the left stick for you, but so does auto sniper hold breath. So I'm not sure what happens when the customer turns both modes on at the same time, and then they yell at technical support. :)

Unfortunately I designed this thing for Phantom buttons, but when I went to implement the feature, something on the modchip was drawing too much electrical current from the controller, creating an effective short circuit. Even if the problem could be solved (I'm not so sure it can be) it would require serious changes to the hardware (modchip). Can't be solved in the software.

I already promised somebody I'd create the adjustable quickscope. If you think of any more features, just edit your first post in this thread and add it to the bottom of your list. I plan on bookmarking your post to work from next time I have some free time to develop out the next Universal Driver for the Ragnarok. And I was thinking of using either the Sync button or the Back button (or both) to unlock more modes. As you know, we've already used up every possible combination that uses "mod switch + some button". So we need a new "activation" button. I'm leaning towards back button, because use of the Sync button can cause some frustrations for some people. I was going to reserve the Sync button maybe for the less frequently used stuff, maybe like a factory reset or to enter some sort of programming mode or something.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I was just thinking about the whole sprint thing because I remembered the auto hold breath too. I only threw that idea out there because I figured somebody might want it and I saw it as a feature somewhere else I think. I don't think I'd personally use it but it could be advantageous for some people at times.

Oh ok, I was pretty sure that the reason why there were no phantom buttons because of something with the hardware but I was just throwing it out there. I was wondering why the PS3 version had them but not the 360, bummer that it didn't work out but oh well. And yeah, the sync button could annoy people and cause frustration as you said so the back button would be a good idea, just wanted to put it out there that this was an extra button not yet implemented.

I removed the phantom buttons from the post since they can't be done, If I think of anything else I will edit my post. If anybody has any other ideas, 360 Ragnarok users or not, post them here and I can update my initial post with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
No problem guys, glad it was useful and that my ideas were good lol. I'll probably think of something again at a later date. I feel like I forgot something but can't remember what it was. Maybe it'll come back to me in a few days.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Guys, I updated the thread with one thing I remembered odin talking about. It's the very last thing on my list:

"-Fix the rapidfire speeds for each mode that is specific to a game (many of them are not very accurate right now such as some of the MW3 ones, Gears of War 3, CoD4, etc.)"

Right now certain speeds that are the defaults for some of the modes aren't correct. Odin told me for example the official Viking360 speeds for MW3 are as follows:
- 11.7 SPS for P99 and Five Seven
- 9.7 SPS for all other pistols
- 7.3 SPS for MK14 without RapidFire attachment

But in the software those are not the numbers set as the defaults for modes 1-3. The GoW3 speeds is completely wrong, I'm pretty sure it was set to 8.5 and that speed doesn't work at all, I use 7.1 SPS. And CoD4 with Double Tap perk was set to like 48 SPS and that is why too high because they did put multiple patches on the game that fixed rapidfire, I got closer to 9.5 SPS for it. Just figured I'd remind you guys about that :)

Here is where odin had explained to me that in the next update you guys would be fixing it:

MK14 max speed is 7.3 shots per second.
P99 and Five-Seven max speed is 11.7.
All other pistols 9.7

These are currently the official Viking speeds for the XBOX360 Ragnarok with the latest firmware update. You can try other speeds if you wish. (You'll notice the software puts in different default speeds than what I listed above, the next software update will have these new speeds as the defaults for COD:MW3)

This was without any perks. I don't know if there are any perks that would affect the speeds.

EDIT: Won't put it up on the list yet because I don't think it's possible, wanted to see what you guys thought about this one:

"- Possibly different modes for the quickscope if possible so that when you tap the left trigger it will quickscope but if you hold down the left trigger you can still aim and scope to shoot normal? (I don't think it's possible but it'd make it easier so you wouldn't have to keep turning the mode on and off if you wanted to scope in to shoot someone far away)"

Last edited:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Updated it again because I noticed the spot/mark features in GoW3 and BF3 are different:

"-Auto-Spot/Mark (in BF3 when aiming at an enemy if you press back if will "tag" them for your team, in GoW3 it's clicking the Left Stick instead of Back) So have a mode where for each game when you're aiming down your sight at an enemy it taps Back in BF or clicks in the LS in GoW3 several times (like at least a few times or so cuz it doesn't register right away)"

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
New driver update coming. Universal Driver v1.2b (beta) and software v1.2.0 (beta). I'm looking for a few guinea pigs to test this out for me before I "go live" and upload it to the Support page on the website. Any takers? The new instructions on how to activate the new mods are included within the "?" help menus within the v1.2.0 software.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
http://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/XBOX 360 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.2b.zip
http://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/XBOX 360 Ragnarok Software Installer v1.2.0.msi

FEATURES ADDED:
-Auto Spotting
-Auto Sprinting
-"Trophy Glitch" Fast Reload
-Programmable QuickScope Delays

BUGS SOLVED in 1.2 beta:
-Fast Reload - the mod presses the buttons faster, this should increase performance of all the fast reloads, however:
Fast reload timing might change by 1 or 2 units since the buttons are pressing faster now.
-Dropshot and Fast Reload sometimes would not work on every button press.
-A few minor "Back end" bug fixes within the software itself.

BUGS SOLVED in 1.2a and 1.2b beta:
-Adjusted the dropshot sensitivity again for better performance
-Made some minor adjustments to the rapidfire algorithm
-Fixed an illuminating thumbstick bug that I accidentally ADDED when I created v1.2

AUTO SPOT
To turn on auto spot, hold the mod switch, hold the back button, and tap D-PAD UP. Player 3 LED will twinkle and stay lit.
To change the auto spot mode, hold the mod switch, hold the back button, and hold the D-PAD UP. Count the number of blinks on Player 3 LED:
Mode 1 is for Battlefield. When active, the mod will constantly press the BACK button for you.
Mode 2 is for Gears of War. When active, the mod will constantly press the left thumbstick for you.

AUTO SPRINT
To turn on auto sprint, hold the mod switch, hold the back button, and tap the sprint button. Player 3 LED will twinkle and stay lit.
When auto sprint is activate, tap your scope button to make your soldier will sprint. No more need to press your sprint key.

TROPHY GLITCH FAST RELOAD
Fast Reload modes 8 through 10 now require that you have the Trophy System as your tactical weapon. This seems to work faster than the Semtex fast reload.

PROGRAMMABLE QUICKSCOPE
We added 5 programmable quicks cope modes. Now you can tune in your quick scope shot depending on which Call of Duty game you are playing.

Once we've had a chance to make sure all is working well, I'll update the first post in this thread and move those newly added features into a new category called "request satisfied", or something like that.

BradT25

Yo Odin, Just taking a look at the new features/Software now. One quick question, what is the best delay for quick scope on M Dub 3, (if you have experimented with it yet) secondly the default speeds in said menu don't match whats in the instruction drop down...Not sure if that matters. Otherwise things look good thus far

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yo Odin, Just taking a look at the new features/Software now. One quick question, what is the best delay for quick scope on M Dub 3, (if you have experimented with it yet) secondly the default speeds in said menu don't match whats in the instruction drop down...Not sure if that matters. Otherwise things look good thus far

I noticed that too. For the quickscope delay, the default presets are different from what it says in the instruction pop up when you click the question mark.

BTW, I tested out each new feature quickly in a private match except the auto spotting and they all seemed to work. I'll be doing more testing later on.

Last edited:

BradT25

Well everything that has been added to the new software is working all A ok. Still wondering whether it is possible to disable the rapid fire slots that aren't being used.<3

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Did you speed up the button presses for all the mods? I noticed that when I use the dropshot in mode 2 where only firing from the hip makes you drop, I'll be aiming down my sights shooting and when I go to reload sometimes and let go of LT and RT he will drop to the ground still. I have to like completely let go of RT before I reload now sort of thing where as before it didn't do it to me. Not a big deal, but I was just curious.

odingalt

Staff member
I did make a change to the dropshot mode to make it more "responsive". But this is an undesired side affect where dropshot is basically ready to go again right away. Sounds like I need to have the dropshot wait for you to release the fire-weapon button, then wait another 20-30 milliseconds or so before it will let itself do another dropshot?

BradT25, I don't have any plans to eliminate rapidfire slots that aren't in use. The on-board EEPROM only has 256 bytes for storing the user's customization information, and I'm quickly running out of bytes as I continue to add features. I should say, your feature is at the bottom of the list and if I still have room in the on-board EEPROM after I've implemented all the other features, I could probably add it. :)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I did make a change to the dropshot mode to make it more "responsive". But this is an undesired side affect where dropshot is basically ready to go again right away. Sounds like I need to have the dropshot wait for you to release the fire-weapon button, then wait another 20-30 milliseconds or so before it will let itself do another dropshot?

BradT25, I don't have any plans to eliminate rapidfire slots that aren't in use. The on-board EEPROM only has 256 bytes for storing the user's customization information, and I'm quickly running out of bytes as I continue to add features. I should say, your feature is at the bottom of the list and if I still have room in the on-board EEPROM after I've implemented all the other features, I could probably add it.

I feel that the dropshot feature is much more responsive so what you were trying to do worked, but at the same what happens is that the dropshot basically continues to loop itself or something. I only use mode 2 bc I dnt like to drop when I shoot while ADS. If you are holding RT while ADS and then let go of LT it will drop you to the ground and I feel like it never did that before because I never had issues with it. If you could keep it as responsive as it is but dont let it loop or make you drop in the second mode when you let go of LT, itd be perfect. I think what you said you should do though would definitely fix the problem. It was just really bad when I played online to test everything because I would be in the middle of an engagement and then when I went to reload I'd be on the ground and unable to run to get to cover or wherever I wanted to go, so I'd end up getting shot and killed lol.

Last edited:

BradT25

Hey odin just shelling out suggestions, for you to think about bro, and you have provided some logic, so thats cool. @killa totally agree, at the moment I am just slamming sprint when/after using dropshot, has me back up and fighting in no time. Though a little annoying, but nice job anyways.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok guys in the post on page 1, I have a driver v1.2b (notice the letter "b" added). This decreases the sensitivty of the dropshot again. Also made some minor adjustments to the rapidfire algorithm. Also at some point from 1.1 to 1.2 introduced a new problem if you have illuminating thumbstick and that's fixed.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I will test how the dropshot works in the new update once I get a chance (probably towards end of week, I have to pull all nighters almost every day just to get my work done here, i'm swamped this week). What exactly did the adjustments to the rapidfire algorithm do? Will the changes affect how rapidfire works meaning the SPS might have to be tweaked a little for some games now or no?

odingalt

Staff member
I will test how the dropshot works in the new update once I get a chance (probably towards end of week, I have to pull all nighters almost every day just to get my work done here, i'm swamped this week). What exactly did the adjustments to the rapidfire algorithm do? Will the changes affect how rapidfire works meaning the SPS might have to be tweaked a little for some games now or no?

Nope, really it's stupid for me to include that in the list since the end user will see no difference. Since this is for beta testing I'm just keeping that post up to date for my own notes.