360 Ragnarok Driver/Software Update Ideas

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Nope, really it's stupid for me to include that in the list since the end user will see no difference. Since this is for beta testing I'm just keeping that post up to date for my own notes.

Oh ok. I updated my controller earlier before my fraternity chapter meeting but when I turned the controller on to test it out quick in a game, the mod switch wouldnt turn any mods on, rapidfire or anything else but it worked when I popped the battery pack out and started the controller back up. Idk if that's something in the software screwin it up or it was just a minor glitch I had after updating the firmware. I will let you know if it happens again, but I don't think it will. Only tested rapidfire quick before I had to leave in Gotham City Imposters.

EDIT: Hasn't happened to me since

Last edited:

BradT25

I have a DIY chip in mine, and with the new software, the only complaint I have is the small bug with the dropshot mode two, other than that loving it. Looking forward to a cg2 flex board ragnarock...Hint,hint..nudge,nudge ;)

odingalt

Staff member
BradT25, crap, I thought I fixed that in v1.2b. Can you describe that bug again, if you can get this to me like as soon as possible I might be able to fix it before I go to Hawaii. In v1.2b I "desensitized" the dropshot. Maybe I messed something else up again. (v1.2b is a little different than v1.2, this is the one I uploaded over the weekend)

BradT25

BradT25, crap, I thought I fixed that in v1.2b. Can you describe that bug again, if you can get this to me like as soon as possible I might be able to fix it before I go to Hawaii. In v1.2b I "desensitized" the dropshot. Maybe I messed something else up again. (v1.2b is a little different than v1.2, this is the one I uploaded over the weekend)

Hold up, I still have 1.2....derp. I will get back to ya soon with an update.

odingalt

Staff member
v1.3 driver is out now for the XBOX 360 Ragnarok. The v1.3 driver update brings these additional features to the XBOX360 Ragnarok controller:

*Ability to program the rapidfire, fast reload, perfect reload, or quickscope speeds/delays straight from your controller without having to connect to the PC.
*Turbo knife (MW2/MW3, was patched in Black Ops)
*Turbo riot shield (MW3 as that's the only game with Riot Shield)

No bug fixes in the v1.3 driver update (as there are no outstanding bugs at this time).

I'll collectively refer to the turbo features as "Turbo Melee". Turbo Melee is activated by (holding mod switch + holding BACK button + tapping MELEE button). To perform a Turbo Melee, push your Melee button (right thumbstick in the default button layout). Of course tactical layout is also supported. Scroll to the next Turbo Melee mode by (holding mod switch + holding BACK button + holding MELEE button) and then count the blinks on the Player 3 LED:

Turbo Melee Mode 1 - MW3 Turbo Knife (With or Without QuickDraw Pro Perk Enabled) and MW3 Turbo Riot Shield (With Melee Proficiency Enabled)
Turbo Melee Mode 2 - MW3 Turbo Riot Shield (Without Melee Proficiency Enabled)
Turbo Melee Mode 3 - MW2 Turbo Knife

Remember, for turbo melee to function, you'll need to be holding a semtex or a bouncing betty at all times.

40_ounce

I guess this is the place to put this. We have a drop shot mode now we need a jump shot. Is this possible? I would like this for the Thor's an Ragnarok. Thanks......

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
What's a jump shot and how does it work/help in Call of Duty? BTW, idk if you have any instructions up for the on the fly programming yet, but I know some people will eventually start asking how to do it.

40_ounce

What's a jump shot and how does it work/help in Call of Duty? BTW, idk if you have any instructions up for the on the fly programming yet, but I know some people will eventually start asking how to do it.
You know when you jump in there air and shoot another player at the same time....

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Is that like something you do with a sniper or something though? I've never seen anyone do that before tbh. I bet it would be hard to get the timing perfect.

40_ounce

What? you never had anybody jump shot you? Hhhmm. Well it's more commonly known as Halo jumping. But anyway Oden do you think you can add it in?

odingalt

Staff member
What? you never had anybody jump shot you? Hhhmm. Well it's more commonly known as Halo jumping. But anyway Oden do you think you can add it in?

Like, what buttons do you hit to make a jump shot. Which game is this in. I thought "bunny hopping" was useless in COD? Or is this for another game.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Hey I thought this would be a good thread to pitch a new mod idea for the ragnarok. As most of us know jitter has been patched in BO2. There is a alternative button combination that can bring jitter back for the ragnarok guys. If viking could implament a X, LB, Y or X, RB, Y (preferibley LB method) combination ran off the RT u can achive jitter for the remington and KSG.

It will require fast hands perk and trials finding the right timming between the X, (LB) or(RB), Y speeds. Ive already made working macros that can give a good bench mark of how to tune the speeds just right. I've timmed it on split screen between normal RF and this jitter method and my results were; normal RF method (8 in the clip) and X, LB, Y jitter with extended mags (11 in the clip) fired at the same time, the 11 shots will finish just before the 8 shot normal RF method. Thats 3 & 1/2 bullets faster than normal RF. Its 100% reliable wont mess up when too close to someone or if your sprinting when using it.

Whatever method LB or RB it will just require u have one of those perks. (LB) method dosent make a semtex sound and is slightly faster. I know viking is real busy. I just feel that with this updated mod feature it will be a great selling point. People will want to buy the controller just for this patch buster. Im sure these button combinations can be achived and incorperated in the software. I just thought id speak my mind on this. Im sure every ragnarok owner would agree with an update like this. It would be a perfect time to implament this while this game is still at its peak!