Analog Sensitivity

Arrowmaster

I just got my Macro controller on Monday and after fully charging the battery pack that came with it I tried to use it to record a macro to grind out Gears of War 2's Seriously 2.0 achievement for me. After recording a macro, when I went to play it back it seemed as if it wasn't recording the analog stick movement properly. After an hour or two I finally got a working macro recorded by only using full movement of the stick, if I tried to make small movements to adjust the aim they were not recorded properly.

To clarify, if I aimed slowly by only moving the stick half way or less it recorded no movement at all but if I aimed by quickly moving the stick all the way then releasing it recorded it mostly correctly. I also tried with the PnC cable connected with the battery fully charged.

Is this a limitation of the mod or is my controller defective?

NYjetsNY1

I just got my Macro controller on Monday and after fully charging the battery pack that came with it I tried to use it to record a macro to grind out Gears of War 2's Seriously 2.0 achievement for me. After recording a macro, when I went to play it back it seemed as if it wasn't recording the analog stick movement properly. After an hour or two I finally got a working macro recorded by only using full movement of the stick, if I tried to make small movements to adjust the aim they were not recorded properly.

To clarify, if I aimed slowly by only moving the stick half way or less it recorded no movement at all but if I aimed by quickly moving the stick all the way then releasing it recorded it mostly correctly. I also tried with the PnC cable connected with the battery fully charged.

Is this a limitation of the mod or is my controller defective?

The problem is that the controller does not record very sensitive movements. This is so it doesn't record errors in slight movement. What sensitivity are you using in-game? Try tuning it to the lowest and then recording the macro.

ILBIEAST

I had a similar problem on GTA IV with the bowling achievement. Just Be patient and It will work. Lower sensitivity should help

odingalt

Staff member
There is a larger "Dead zone" programmed into the modchip than the "dead zone" on the controller.

For example if you barely move the stick to the left your game character doesn't move. You keep inching it to the left until your character barely moves - you've hit the edge of the controller's dead zone. Unfortunately since the sticks that microsoft uses in its controllers are garbage (high manufacturing tolerances say +-20% variation from one stick to the next), that dead zone is different on every single controller. It's not as noticeable to a human but in microcontroller terms it's a pretty big variation.

The modchip can't "See" the game character move on the screen. So it has to be pre-programmed to know where the dead zone is. Rather than going through the pain and expense of calibrating each and every individual controllers dead zone (which would require a technician to inch both sticks in all four directions slowly and then hit a button when the tech thinks he/she has hit the dead zone), we just programmed the dead zone on the modchip large enough to encompass all microsoft controllers that the modchip would be placed in.