Analog stick corruption?

DXM Cake

I'm currently running the Viking Software v0.8.4.3. The timeline editor was working fine for a few days, then it started suddenly acting up again - changing my simple analog motions into completely different commands and not allowing me to change them. I read in another thread that this problem was SUPPOSED to have been fixed, but it doesn't seem to be working for me:

http://vikingforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2739&sid=ce52265041c1b4749fc1af1248ea52e0

I've tried fighting against the software, but that just makes it worse because the really problematic inputs refuse to be deleted. I've tried downloading the software again from the Downloads page, and installing it(not a clean install, mind you), with seemingly no changes other than the fact that the .vkm file I was working on for roughly 2 hours finally realized it had errors. I try to input the stick motions back in from memory after deleting the spots where it had screwed up, and I lose ALL of my control stick motions the next time I go into timeline editor. Again, I try putting in some control stick motions, but, lo and behold, Neutral - Down - Down/Right - Right - Neutral becomes Down/Left - Down/Left - Left - Up - Down - Right - Right - Right - Down/Right.

Is there a guaranteed workaround for this? It's seriously becoming very frustrating trying to fight with the software every time I want to make a macro.

DXM Cake

Oops, my fault there. Unfortunately, it seems that I have to write up the macro again from scratch, so it's going to take a bit to find out if it works 100%.

DXM Cake

Alright, I think I've figured out what happened. I saw the newer version the other day, installed it, and it worked fine. It didn't really ask to overwrite anything, so I assume I had both the newer version and v0.8.4.3 on my computer. When I tried to load it up yesterday with the shortcut, the shortcut was probably pointing to the older version, and thus, I got the older errors.

DXM Cake

Nevermind. The problem is still present.

A fresh install only alleviates the problem by about 30 mins to an hour, at which point it starts happening again. It makes me suspect that I may be writing the control stick motions all wrong. I'm starting and ending every motion at Neutral - something tells me it may not be the best way to do this. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

NYjetsNY1

DXM Cake said:
Nevermind. The problem is still present.

A fresh install only alleviates the problem by about 30 mins to an hour, at which point it starts happening again. It makes me suspect that I may be writing the control stick motions all wrong. I'm starting and ending every motion at Neutral - something tells me it may not be the best way to do this. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Try doing it without ending on Neutral.

DXM Cake

Problem still persists.

Before:
1.png

After:
2.png