Anyone ever rented one of Battlefield 4 Servers?

bonefisher

I was thinking of renting a server for the Berserker Clan! Just wondering if it was any good to try?

JIM WALKER

I was thinking of renting a server for the Berserker Clan! Just wondering if it was any good to try?

Yes, I rented one, sadly you cannot as yet choose your settings for the server until they fix it, in fact, I don't think you can actually buy them now until after the fix, only those who have them already get to keep them, unless the USA options are different to EU of course .... suggest waiting anyway until after they have sorted it ....

bonefisher

Yesterday they were up but now I just checked and it says no servers found! Yeah I'll wait a little! Thanks!

bonefisher

Oh heck yeah! That would be awesome! I could do it in the evening for a while! The 90 day seems like a deal after they get the flaws out of it! Actually a great way to advertise the Viking Berserkers!

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

Soft launch. $60 or 90 days is the best deal so far.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04/rent-a-server-death-shield-fix/

Wondering if Viking needs to sponsor a server. Do you guys know of I can pass the admin credentials for a server onto you trusted forum users to manage the server? I hardly have time to play myself.

Server owner can name any admins to have all or limited access to the server, the laborious part is punching the names up one by one ...

Just had a weird and crazy idea ... make rule number one, all visitors to use modded controllers ... then watch Viking users dominate ....
couldn't do it sadly, but what an awesome thought ... lol.
I am following the update progress of the rented servers, for myself and our platoon, will let you know as and when .....

JIM WALKER

Still trying to rent a new server on BF4, and it still says there are none available at the moment, what about the USA , any available from your end ???

JIM WALKER

Just had an online chat with them, they say are working on expanding the number of servers available for renting, suspect though that since they introduced the new netcode and went over to dedicated servers (which cost them more), is bullsh*t teamspeak for .... haven't got a clue and don't care anyway !!!