Black Ops 2 / Couple Good Gun Choices

Bernard

Here are a couple of guns I found that work exceptionally well with the PS3 Ragnarok programmable controller:

SMR: which is the highest damage per round in class. I'm running it at 13 (this speed may need to vary for you) for rapid fire which may be slightly too fast. Every once in a while it will stop shooting / get stuck. Seems only to happen once per game and a quick switch to secondary and back again usually resolves the issue. IMO I think this is way better than the FAL. Thoughts?

Five-seven: is great secondary semi-automatic pistol with little recoil. I run it at 9.0 rapid fire which makes it pretty much an auto pistol. Again your rate of fire may vary.

Let me know what you have found to work well for you.

CovertClay

How does the SMR compare to the R870 shotgun with jitter in your opinion? Also does the SMR shoot faster with the RF mod on or by using the attachment?

Bernard

How does the SMR compare to the R870 shotgun with jitter in your opinion? Also does the SMR shoot faster with the RF mod on or by using the attachment?

I don't use jitter with the SMR. IMO R870 is only good for close up engagements where the SMR you can take down a player from a lot farther distance. Plus the SMR has high damage hits.

As far as if the SMR is better with the RF mod or the select fire option...I like the RF mod at about 13. That might be a little too fast still (I haven't dialed it in perfectly yet) but it quickly takes down a player and with the FMJ and Reflex Sight attached you keep on the target even if they go behind a wall.

CovertClay

I don't use jitter with the SMR. IMO R870 is only good for close up engagements where the SMR you can take down a player from a lot farther distance. Plus the SMR has high damage hits.

As far as if the SMR is better with the RF mod or the select fire option...I like the RF mod at about 13. That might be a little too fast still (I haven't dialed it in perfectly yet) but it quickly takes down a player and with the FMJ and Reflex Sight attached you keep on the target even if they go behind a wall.

Let me know if you find a perfect speed for the SMR . Also I heard akimbo pistos were pretty good also :)

Bernard

Playing with 13 and the SMR. I'm wondering if select fire will help? Might be able to squeez out a little more and still make every shot count. Let me know what you find out and we'll compare notes.

CovertClay

Ok I found out that 16.67 is a really good universal speed for all semi autos. So if your running with the FAL and switch to the five seven really quick in a match, they will fire almost as fast as possible.

CovertClay

Playing with 13 and the SMR. I'm wondering if select fire will help? Might be able to squeez out a little more and still make every shot count. Let me know what you find out and we'll compare notes.

Are you sure the SMR is better than the FAL? I haven't unlocked the SMR yet but I've used it in custom match. It seems like the FAL fires a lot after than the SMR. Another speed you could try would be 8.2 on the FAL. Btw if you want to meet up on PSN let me know and ill PM you my ID

lloyd9119

JUST TO GIVE EVERYONE A HEADS UP, WHEN YOU FINE TUNE YOUR SHOTS PER SECOND (sps) ON LAN, OR CUSTOM MATCH YOUR SPS ARE MUCH MORE DIFFERENT FROM WHEN YOU PLAY ONLINE IN A PUBLIC GAME. FOR EXAMPLE, FAL-DSW WHEN I FINE TUNE IT ON LAN OR CUSTOM MATCH I GET A STABLE 8.4 BUT ON A PUBLIC GAME THIS IS CRAP BARELY SHOOTS 3 ROUNDS THEN FREEZES. SO THEN I STARTED FINE TUNING WHILE IN A PUBLIC GAME AND I GET A STABLE 7.4 SPS.......BIG DIFFERENCE

sorry for the caps add me im a big black ops 2 player for ps3 psn ID:
ImNotUrDaddy-

Gill8288

Hi,

May want to try this set up.... In my opinion it's kinda overpowered

Vector
attachments: rapid fire, select fire ( this will set the vector to 2 round burst), laser
Set the contorller's rapid fire to 13.3
primary gun fighter

Perks at your own liking....

Pawning some real gd players with this set up

zyfix

yeah im going to try the RF at 13 on the smr cause although i like the fal i've noticed it seems like its just easier to kill with the smr. And also will try the the other advice listed here. and your all welcome to add me pm me for name ill be on threwout most of the day if anyone wanna test or play.

zyfix

Hi,

May want to try this set up.... In my opinion it's kinda overpowered

Vector
attachments: rapid fire, select fire ( this will set the vector to 2 round burst), laser
Set the contorller's rapid fire to 13.3
primary gun fighter

Perks at your own liking....

Pawning some real gd players with this set up

wow i was surprised at how well this was using the RF 13.3 vector with select rate burst and rapid fire. hmm have you tried any other guns with that as well maybe msmc or pdw?

Gill8288

@zyfix... Didn't like this setup with the other guns. I think they take a range penalty or something seemed off

_Modi_

Obviously the fal is a popular choice. Here is my complete fal loadout
Fal with target finder and quick draw no secondary weapon perks are engineer hardline
Scavenger, great for run and gun or camping ... mods are quick reload rapidfire and mode 2
Dropshot rf is 7.3 all other settings are as listed on the (complete bops2 thread). I am going
To try adding 3rd attachment fmj I'll tell you how that turns out. So far I'm pwning everything
In my path ... even other members of this forum who shall remain nameless...
Important ... please consider the smr shoots a huge pattern and the fal makes 1 hole. Compare them side by side
And see for yourself... the smr used to be my favorite until I discovered this important fact
Ragnarok 360
Xbl gt booo kila