Burst Settings Request for odingalt

Tripp

My request comes from an old controller I have from a company that just provided a controller with rapid fire and burst fire. I went with viking because your controller is ten times better and I am happy with the product I bought and everything works great and performs well but the only thing I did notice is the burst mode needs some work to perform correctly on different weapons and different fire rates. This request is below which comes from my experience with the older controller I have..

First request is to make the burst count go up to 10 shots per burst and I know what you are thinking why would you want 10 shots a burst from your weapon but I have found a trick with these settings which is if you have a high shots per second rapid fire setting such as 25 lets say and you put the burst to 10 it would equal out to actually shooting 4 to 5 shots per burst and at a very fast fire rate which is what you really want right? The controller I have from viking only allows it to go up to 4 shots per burst and if I have the same high shots per second rapid fire speed it would only equal out to 2 shots per burst which is what you don't want right?

Last request is to change the way the burst is handle with the fire button or add a burst mode 2 in the controller which would be instead of holding the fire button down you would just tap the button to perform the burst. My reason for this is that I noticed when holding the fire button down on a single shot weapon it works fine but for an automatic weapon it does not work as great because yes you somewhat see it at the start of the shooting but it never stops and continues to fire the regular rate of fire of the automatic weapon. If you allowed the burst to perform with just tapping the fire button you still would be able to shoot a single shot weapon correctly and faster instead of holding it down and waiting for it to burst all the shots and for automatic weapon it would perform better because you could actually turn a famas from black ops or an acr from modern warfare 3 into a true burst weapon that when you tap the fire button it would shoot the burst then it would stop like it should until you tap the fire button again. This change would allow you to perform the burst rapidly and quickly, and also would decrease recoil. Plus if you want the full automatic effect you just would hold the fire button down.

Thanks for reading my request. I am not telling you how to do your job so I hope you don't feel that way because you make the best modified controllers and I just wanted to contribute a helping hand on some changes I think would perform better. Please respond with your thoughts.

Trip

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Last request is to change the way the burst is handle with the fire button or add a burst mode 2 in the controller which would be instead of holding the fire button down you would just tap the button to perform the burst. My reason for this is that I noticed when holding the fire button down on a single shot weapon it works fine but for an automatic weapon it does not work as great because yes you somewhat see it at the start of the shooting but it never stops and continues to fire the regular rate of fire of the automatic weapon. If you allowed the burst to perform with just tapping the fire button you still would be able to shoot a single shot weapon correctly and faster instead of holding it down and waiting for it to burst all the shots and for automatic weapon it would perform better because you could actually turn a famas from black ops or an acr from modern warfare 3 into a true burst weapon that when you tap the fire button it would shoot the burst then it would stop like it should until you tap the fire button again. This change would allow you to perform the burst rapidly and quickly, and also would decrease recoil. Plus if you want the full automatic effect you just would hold the fire button down.
Trip

Actually I like the thought of this last request. Waaay back in the day all mods worked like this and then customers said, hey, can you have burst cancel when I release trigger. So we did it that way. But it seems like we should offer both ways.

Tripp

Yeah bro it is awesome to do it that way because I can change any weapon into a burst style and it made my accuracy in the game improve a lot! I hope it has a good chance in becoming another option on a great controller. How did you honestly feel about increasing the burst speed to 10 shots per burst? Would increasing the number be an easy change on the controllers customization software? It would just give the burst feature the ability to shoot 3 or 4 shots per burst on any kind of fire rate you set the rapid fire on. Thanks for your response odingalt and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Trip

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah bro it is awesome to do it that way because I can change any weapon into a burst style and it made my accuracy in the game improve a lot! I hope it has a good chance in becoming another option on a great controller. How did you honestly feel about increasing the burst speed to 10 shots per burst? Would increasing the number be an easy change on the controllers customization software? It would just give the burst feature the ability to shoot 3 or 4 shots per burst on any kind of fire rate you set the rapid fire on. Thanks for your response odingalt and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Trip

I'm not a believer in "overdialing" the speeds. A finely tuned speed will work just as good as overdialing in my opinion. Time and time again people have release macros for the viking macro with "overdialed" speeds only to find out they didn't work for other customers. I can't recommend overdialing because it does not work for 100% of customers, if I were to recommend overdialing the speed I would have lots of tickets from angry customers asking why their rapidfire isn't working :-(

Tripp

That's cool I understand what you are saying about the overdialing would cause a problem. I am excited that you like the last request though! Any idea when this burst mode 2 feature would be added into the software? This is the only thing I miss was the ability to turn any weapon into a true burst weapon. Thanks for your responses odingalt and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Trip

odingalt

Staff member
I'm trying not to work very hard this summer, I don't have any plans for any more driver updates until this fall when Black Ops 2 come sout.