Chain saw battle

odingalt

Staff member
How do chain saw battles work? Like do you need the B button to have rapidfire or ?

Xx Binno xX

odingalt said:
How do chain saw battles work? Like do you need the B button to have rapidfire or ?

Sorry been away for a while, when you enter a chain saw battle who ever presses the B button the fastest wins the battle so you just have to mod the B button really.

odingalt

Staff member
This is more do-able for the DUO, not quite sure how to implement it on the Sleeper, any ideas for the sleeper implementation?

Xx Binno xX

you can make another mode for chain saw battle? or replace the 3rd mode witch is prefect reload for the lancer and hamerburst with a modded B button, i will be buying a dou after a sell my sleeper anyways xD

odingalt

Staff member
Here's the thing. You can't just hold down the 'B' button and expect it to turbo the 'B' button. It's not the way a modded controller works. If you physically hold down the 'B' button, it overrides anything the mod chip is trying to do. So even if the mod chip is turbo'ing the B button as fast as it can, if you are holding down the B button, it cancels it out.

Which is why I say it's easier to implement on Duo - I just program the controller so that when you hit, say, the left tactile switch, the mod chip starts turbo'ing the B button (and since you're not already holding down B button, you should win the battle :))

On sleeper, not sure how to implement the same thing without using another button that's already being used in-game.

Xx Binno xX

maybe the Y button idk or you could press B once more to shut off. so 3 times to turn it on or maybe 1 time to turn it on and 1 time for off?

thegords77

I think what would be best is to somehow implement the need for a duo but for Gears 2 only. That way you have one button for Rapid Fire then the other for other rapid buttons. Its hard to explain. Ill try it myself.

geestthebeast

what about the wwe vs. smackdown mods, the hold left trigger than hit the designated button you want rapidly, then hit left thumbstick to turn it off. that would be a good one to use, and to activate the mod you hit a button and the sync on the hammer and you could hit the left tact switch to a certain mode for the duo