controller barely works

DM RoseTyler

I haven't even used the controller often at all and it already doesn't work, when I start up the controller in "programming mode" lol, it has 2 red lights instead of the blue ones and doesn't let me add any macros. and even when it did let me add macros on the first day, they were always inaccurate and took several tries to install them to the controller, how do I send the controller for repair and does it cost me money to do so? I have never been so dissapointed with anything before in my entire life and this is beyond infuriating..

NYjetsNY1

2 Red lights instead of blue/white/pinkish indicates your batteries are low. The reason why it took several tries is also low-battery related. Just get some new AA batteries, and then you should be good to go.

DM RoseTyler

so the controller can only go into a red startup mode when it's low battery but can't connect to the xbox? what is the point in that???

odingalt

Staff member
Put in fresh batteries, problem solved.

If you send it to the shop, they'll test it by putting fresh batteries in, it'll work, they'll ship it back as is. It's a power hungry controller. Feed it!

modded matt

Such is the case with all modded controllers. You must remember you are adding extra circutry which will use more power. In the case of a macro controller, you will be consuming alot more power. the controller will try to starve the macro chip to preform its normal operation which makes the macro chip act as you have discribed.

FEED it.