Controller Broken?

Chicken Guy

I have just received our viking controller and have installed new AA batteries into the battery pack. However, the controller does not turn on.We have also tried to charge it with the play and charge cable, but the controller still does not work.Are we supposed to use AA rechargeable batteries? If not, please advise how to fix the controller so that it turns on.

Chicken Guy

P.S We love our chicken:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

NYjetsNY1

Did you order the macro controller? It should have 6 tac switches installed.

Did you place the batteries correctly into the battery pack?

Did you use the "rechargeable battery pack" with the play and charge kit?

Chicken Guy

Yes I ordered the macro and I have tried new batteries in the correct way and have tried to use the rechargeable battery pack with the cable. Yet The LEDS do not light up and the controller still will not turn on. Could you please tell us how to fix this issue

Chicken Guy :)

NYjetsNY1

Yes I ordered the macro and I have tried new batteries in the correct way and have tried to use the rechargeable battery pack with the cable. Yet The LEDS do not light up and the controller still will not turn on. Could you please tell us how to fix this issue

Chicken Guy :)

Maybe it is an LED issue and the controller does turn on.

Try using the rechargeable battery pack, and plug the play and charge kit into the xbox 360 controller and xbox 360. Does the controller then work when you press buttons?

Have you tried connecting the controller to the computer, the macro software? Do you get a "Connected" or a "Disconnected" on the software?

If nothing works, then you'll most likely need to send the controller back. Quite possibly the internals were fried in the mail? Let me know what the answers are to the questions above.

Chicken Guy

Well I'm in Hawaii on vacation and my xbox is currently not with me. I ordered it here but my Xbox is in Australia so I'll answer your questions when I get back.

And If I need to send it back are there any fees?

Chicken Guy

odingalt

Staff member
It's supposed to work right out of the box when you put the batteries in. I feel like the chances of having your viking break if you are an international customer are 10x more than if you are a domestic customer. Based on where our returns come from. It's always UK (1 out of 5 it seems) or Australia (1 out of 2). Half our returns come from out of country, which is bizarre, since only like 10% of our sales are from out of country lol.

Try to get ahold of the shop staff through the ticket system on the viking360 website. It expedites the process if you use the support account that was generated when you purchased, that way they can look up your order info, warranty info, etc. Unfortunately we don't have any technician in Australia :-( so if it's hardware issue it's gotta come all the way back to the states.

Chicken Guy

I ordered it to Hawaii and then picked it up. So maybe because of the humidity and heat the internals fried :(.We are going back to the states in November but are doing quickstops in various places. So how long would shipping and repairing take?

KFC rules:)

Make sure to eat plenty of chicken so maybe you. Can repair my controller

Chicken Guy

If you can not complete this in time, would it be ok to take it to a local technician to fix it?

Will it affect the warranty?

Or you could post a video on YouTube of ho w to fix it,lol.?

But could you suggest the best solution for ME?

Cheers

NYjetsNY1

If you can not complete this in time, would it be ok to take it to a local technician to fix it?

Will it affect the warranty?

Or you could post a video on YouTube of ho w to fix it,lol.?

But could you suggest the best solution for ME?

Cheers

In my opinion, no local technician would be able to fix it. It will affect the warranty! You will lose all warranty and future repairs by viking. We cannot post a video to fix it. Just send it back if you cannot get it working. It seems it may just be an LED issue though! Since your xbox is not with you, just wait. You may find the problems to be fixed once you are reunited with your xbox.

Chicken Guy

Hi

Im back in Aus,

I have good news and bad news:

1. The controller works with the xbox :)

2.The LEDS do not turn on:(

3.Not able to connect controller to the PC- Have held down start button:(

4.Have to ship back to you guys:l

x iiTryHard o

ModdingBros Member

i had this issue before see if this works

1: hold down the start button and take out the battery pack
2: keep holding start and put in your battery pack
3: your led's should turn into the programing mode
4: connect your controller to your computer and open the viking software
5: program your controller and once done dissconect it and see if your led's work.

this happened to me on my second day i uploaded something wrong and disconnected it immediately and i had no led bcos nothing saved/synced on my controller