Controller Problems

Slitzerikai

I'll try to keep this simple, clean, and to the point.

My Viking Macro Controller has recently come under a bit of an issue.
I'm not sure what it has been, and I do take good care of my controller.
A couple days ago I noticed my 'pages' of macros and such had been wiped.
Today I thought I would put them back on and such, figuring I may have accidentally 'reset' the controller with some button combination
whilst turning it on or something.

I reformatted my computer before, so I had to go download the software again, so I do so, and then resume the original instructions for hooking
the controller up to the computer.
The controller does indeed enter Programming mode... but... nothing else.
When attaching it, it's telling me the device is not recognized, and the Viking Software doesn't recognize it at all.
Nor does the Firmware update tool I tried just for the sake of trying to detect the controller.

It does still work as a 'regular' controller, but I am getting the apparently 'typical' LEDs not turning on issue, even with fresh batteries.
But the 1st and 4th LED do turn on to the pinkish/white color of 'programming' mode when I hit Start, it just doesn't 'properly' connect, I guess, and I can't find a driver anywhere on this
site to perhaps attempt to remedy that.

I thought I would put this up here to see if anyone had any solutions before I open a ticket.

Thank you all in advance :)

NYjetsNY1

Ouch! I have ran into this issue before on the forums from other users. I believe this one requires a send-back.

Here is what you can try.

Take the battery pack out. Use fresh AA batteries.

Hold start on the controller. Keep holding start, put the batteries in, still holding start.

When the 2 LEDs turn on plug it into your computer with the macro software opened but not the firmware software.

If that does not connect your controller to the computer, make a support ticket.

Slitzerikai

Yeah I put in brand new AA batteries specifically for the reason I saw you post that a lot (which I understand, but I did scour the forums in hopes of an answer ^^)
But, yeah... the controller does go into it's programming mode, and that's the only time the LEDs come on, but, the computer doesn't recognize it at all. (I've tried two computers now)

Buuuut, if you're saying that's all I could try I guess I have to make a support ticket then?
Do I re-write it all into there or just link to my original post in the forum?

NYjetsNY1

You can link your original post. I have seen controllers with this error before (teamviewer, even handled ones with this issue before in my possession).