Dedicated thread for MW3 on PS3 with programmable Ragnarok Controller?

nexus00

I just purchased the PS3 programmable USB Ragnarok Controller, mostly for MW3, and have been looking around the forum for a dedicated thread for the PS3 controller settings. I haven't seen one?
Also, after downloading the PS3 software for the Ragnarok. I dont see any presets for MW3, I'm pretty sure most people will use it for that.
So my question is.

Will you guys make a dedicated thread for us PS3 users that have purchased the Programmable Ragnarok controller with some tested speeds for all the functions. Thank you for all your help!

Since this is now the dedicated PS3 MW3 Thread: I will go ahead and list out the guns so that we can post the best SPS for each weapon:

Assualt Rifles:

1) M4A1:

2) M16A4:

3) SCAR-L:

4) CM901:

5) TYPE 95: With rapid fire= 8.2SPS Without Rapid fire = 5-5.1

6) G36c:

7) ACR 6.8:

8) MK14: With rapid fire=8.1 SPS- 8.6 SPS Without =7.1SPS

9) AK-47:

10) FAD:

Sniper Rifles:

1) Barrett 50. Cal:

2) L118A:

3) Dragunov:

4) AS50:

5) RSASS:

6) MSR:

Shotguns:

1) USAS 12:

2) KSG 12:

3) SPAS 12:

4) Striker:

5) Model 1887

Pistols:

1) USP .45: 9.7 SPS

2) P99: 11.7 SPS

3) MP412: 9.7 SPS

4) .44 Magnum: 9.7 SPS

5) Five Seven: 9.7 SPS (could be a little higher) 11.7 is skippy

6) Desert Eagle: 9.7 SPS

As people post the best SPS for each weapon I will update.

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

I just purchased the PS3 programmable USB Ragnarok Controller, mostly for MW3, and have been looking around the forum for a dedicated thread for the PS3 controller settings. I haven't seen one?
Also, after downloading the PS3 software for the Ragnarok. I dont see any presets for MW3, I'm pretty sure most people will use it for that.
So my question is.

Will you guys make a dedicated thread for us PS3 users that have purchased the Programmable Ragnarok controller with some tested speeds for all the functions. Thank you for all your help!

This is basically the dedicated thread.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I typically use the stock mode one. My internet isn't very good for me to test speeds, so I haven't mreally tried a custom one, but I imagine you could get a bit faster than mode 1.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, although I don't have any optimized speeds, I would say you might as well take out all the SMG's and machine pistols, there is absolutely 0 point to rapidfire on them. The full auto AR's and MG's it's arguable, but I personally do not ever use RF on them either.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
MK14 with Rapidfire attachment: 8.1 SPS

MK14 without Rapidfire attachment: 7.1 SPS

Type 95 with Rapidfire attachment: 8.2 SPS

P99: 11.7 SPS

All other pistols: 9.7 SPS (might be able to get a little higher for Five Seven cuz it's close to the P99 but 11.7 was skippy for it)

Many of these numbers will work on snipers as well but idk optimized for the snipers.

odingalt

Staff member
I would take the fully automatics off the list, rapidfire doesn't speed up fully automatics, it slows them down.

odingalt

Staff member
Well, it doesn't speed them up but it saves you from having to mash the trigger with your finger. Jitter was the only thing to speed up burst fire weapons, but jitter was patched in MW3. Jitter only works in Black Ops and older COD games.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Without the rapidfire attatchment the type 95 should be about 5 or 5.1 or so. That's the exact speed the game will let you shoot a burst gun.

bbatx

How about fast reload times with and w/out Slight of Hand perk? Is there a list out there for MW3? PS3 programmable ragnarock. XBOX should be the same right?

odingalt

Staff member
Update, fast reload seems to be working good with the trophy system glitch. Have trophy system equipped, then do an LB,Y for the fast reload. This is available in the XBOX 360 Ragnarok v1.2 driver update and will be coming to the programmable PS3 Ragnarok as soon as I can get started on writing a driver update for it.

UcantCme

Update to Rapid Fire Speed

After tinkering around with the MK14 I just wanted to give an update to the rapid fire speeds. With rapid fire attached 8.6 sps works the best. Anything higher and it'll pop the first few off kinda slow, but for some reason after the first few it probably fires at the rate of 10 sps. I use the same 8.6 sps setting for the Type 95 as it fires just as well with that setting. Ill keep you guys posted once I experiment with others.

ader42

I've heard that in MW3 manually using burst fire with fully automatic rifles (pressing and releasing fire button) combats lag (as data is sent more often), so I was wondering if a controller could put a burst-fire mode on fully automatic rifles?

Agent

I've heard that in MW3 manually using burst fire with fully automatic rifles (pressing and releasing fire button) combats lag (as data is sent more often), so I was wondering if a controller could put a burst-fire mode on fully automatic rifles?
There already is 3 and 5 round burst modes for legacy controllers, not sure about Ragnarok.

SlickNick

Just curious if anyone knows if there is going to be multiple drop shot modes for the ps3 update. I think that it is part of the new xbox update ie) where you will drop shot while hip firing, but not with ADS-ing (mode 2). I really hope that we'll be able to do this with the ps3 controller eventually...thoughts?