Discussion Thread: 'Viking Installer' - 5/3/2010

odingalt

Staff member
Windows installer that contains the hidbootloader.exe and the custom editor v0.82 in a windows installer package.

This will install the flashing software and our custom hex editor together and put shortcuts on your desktop. You can uninstall as well if it doesn't work or if you don't like it.

Drag and drop the files from the .ZIP file, then run either the .exe or the .msi to run the installer.

Download here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1006

v360Reflex

when i try to download it and open up the shortcut to VikingFlash(bootloader) it says to check for updates on windows and i cant find any about .NET Framework

odingalt

Staff member
So long as it works I wouldn't worry about manually updating your .net framework. Is it launching or is it giving you error messages?

Ben

v360Reflex said:
when i try to download it and open up the shortcut to VikingFlash(bootloader) it says to check for updates on windows and i cant find any about .NET Framework

Same..

Once I installed it, I click the shortcut to open it and bang.. net framework error...

odingalt

Staff member
My wife has the same problem on windows 7 32-bit. Can you report your o/s. Also did you install by clicking the .exe or by clicking the .msi file? I gave the windows gui developer a link to this thread, the more info you can provide the better. We're having a hell of a time perfecting multiple O/S compatibility (no thanks to Microsoft). Thanks for posting, this has been one hell of a pain.

(Thing works on my 64-bit windows 7 ultimate, I am stumped. I disassembled my XP computer so not sure if that's working)

obo

im runningg windows xp 32bit.

it said i needed to install windows .net framework 4.something

hid bootloader works fine though, so no worries

v360Reflex

My wife has the same problem on windows 7 32-bit. Can you report your o/s. Also did you install by clicking the .exe or by clicking the .msi file? I gave the windows gui developer a link to this thread, the more info you can provide the better. We're having a hell of a time perfecting multiple O/S compatibility (no thanks to Microsoft). Thanks for posting, this has been one hell of a pain.
(Thing works on my 64-bit windows 7 ultimate, I am stumped. I disassembled my XP computer so not sure if that's working)
it works now btw, i have a 64 bit comp. and what i did was i just went to Bing.com and typed download .NET Framework and i downloaded the newest verison a certain old version doesn't work for 64 bit computers. :oops: but now its working great :D

wow i dont know how to use the Quote button right :x

odingalt

Staff member
After you put controller into programming mode, and plug it into the computer, you will be able to click open game which means open .hex file. The .hex file can be from any of the files off our download drivers page or the .hex file you can create using the custom hex editor.

Drifter

ok ive installed the program but when i try to open the HIDBootloader it telles me i have to install .NET Frameworks 4.0.3... is that version compatible with Windows XP?

40_ounce

Drifter said:
ok ive installed the program but when i try to open the HIDBootloader it telles me i have to install .NET Frameworks 4.0.3... is that version compatible with Windows XP?
Yes
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 3
Windows XP SP3
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Windows Vista SP1 or later
Windows Server 2008 (not supported on Server Core Role)
Windows 7
Windows Server 2008 R2 (not supported on Server Core Role)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

noyoulookout

Drop shot? what does it do and i do i get it to work? everyother fuction worked after programming, but couldnt figure out drop shot.

40_ounce

noyoulookout said:
Drop shot? what does it do and i do i get it to work? everyother fuction worked after programming, but couldnt figure out drop shot.
Special note on how dropshot mode works now:
-When in dropshot mode on the Odin's Raven, the right tac switch controls dropshot (B button). When you are in dropshot mode and dropshot mode is turned on, you'll notice that you cannot use the right tac switch to change or toggle modes. Instead, you must first hold button A then tap or hold the right tac switch to change or toggle modes. Once dropshot is turned off, or you are in another mode, you can go back to using the right tac switch as normal - don't have to hold button A first.
-When in dropshot mode on the Thor's Hammer, the B button controls dropshot.
-Unfortunately people using the control layout where the right thumbstick is the prone/raise button, we will never be able to configure dropshot for your configuration. The Viking controllers can sense when you press right thumbstick, but it can't press the right thumbstick for you.

Got that from: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=952