Drill Pattern For Viking Paddles??

morinzo

Not sure if this is the proper way to measure them or not.

7mm
caliper small switch.JPG

10mm
caliper big switch.JPG

Update: The small one will not work because the 2 spacers is just a tall as the button on the tact.

Bone is there a cap over that tact?

Last edited:

bonefisher

I think you measure just the button..so if you put the paddles on and measure inside dia. plus thickness of controller you should get what size you need button.

bonefisher

Here you go.....

Attachments

• 20150315_162512_resized_1.jpg
    20150315_162512_resized_1.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150315_162947_resized_1.jpg
    20150315_162947_resized_1.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 8

morinzo

Does this look about right, They have dbl sided tape on them right now & It feels really comfortable in my hand in that location.

paddle test fit.JPG

Last edited:

morinzo

I have been looking on google for a pic like this where I can see how the screw part of the paddle lines up with the battery door. Some look like they go over the battery door a mm or 2 and some look like they go to the line.

fit.JPG

Last edited:

Freyja

Staff member
Looks like sending the picture didn't work in the ticket system. The finger is there just to give you a relative size.
Your ticket was replied to so if you happen to see this first, check your email for that.

Attachments

• 20150311_112310.jpg
    20150311_112310.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 4

morinzo

on the paddle screws do I tighten them fully & then back off a 1/4 turn? Thats how they seem to work best for me..

I took my switches that were to tall and sanded them down a bit to do until the correct ones arrive..

Freyja

Staff member
Yes, that is about how we do them. No exact science, just trial and error. When I do it I tighten it down, then back them off and try to have the best sounding/feeling "click" on both of them. Some people say that they change slightly over times, so if you find this to be true just adjust them to you liking again later.

morinzo

Freyja, thanks for the info!! I sanded the tacts that I have just to test them while waiting on the others and the paddles feel great..

Freyja

Staff member
Let me know if this works for you.

Attachments

• ber pad chat adapter.jpg
    ber pad chat adapter.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 7

morinzo

Yeah I just read the stereo adapter doesn't fit & I didn't see that info when I ordered them but thats ok.

Was the kit supposed to include nuts for the screws? I was reading some older post and saw people talking about nuts.

Thx again Freyja for the great support..

Freyja

Staff member
The small black washers are basically the nuts. In this case they are interchangeable; neither of them are threaded. Threading on them would keep the paddle from depressing properly in this situation. Two black little washers per each screw.

morinzo

my push in, not thread. And how can 2 washers on the outside hold the screw from inside the controller to keep the screw from coming loose during heavy support.

Freyja

Staff member
The washers should just slide onto the screw. There are two drillbits used to install the TACs; one is smaller than the screw and one is slightly larger than the TAC switch. When the screw is installed it widens the hole in the plastic just enough and wedges itself nicely into it. When playing the pressure from depressing the paddles is not on the screws very much, it is mostly on the TAC it self.
After selling this product for over a year we have had no customers open a ticket about the screws coming loose or falling out, but we have had a few people that have pushed the TAC inside their controller so it was rendered unusable (hence my suggestion to create score marks in the plastic around where they sit on the inside to give the glue something extra to hold onto) If you are really worried about it you could put a little dab of hot glue on top of where the screws come through, but do not score that area because you could make the hole too large for the screw to fit snugly and properly.

morinzo

Thank you for all you advice I have followed most of what you said.

Here is how I made my paddles work with the stereo adapter:

First I used dbl sided tape the on the razors from. my knife then attached them to the stereo adapter.

A.JPG

Then I attached the paddles to the controller & heated them with my heat gun and pressed the stereo adapter into the controller and held it till it cooled.

B.JPG

This is what it looked like after It cooled and I pulled the stereo adapter out.

C.JPG

Above pic of the paddles after heating.

D.JPG

You guys could do something similar so the Berserker could work with the stereo adapters if you wanted to, it works & feels just as good as it did before bending.

Last edited:

Freyja

Staff member
We have discontinued those paddles and are working on a new design that will fit with the new chip and the stereo headset. Ideally there will also be different designs of paddles that could be easily interchanged.

morinzo

Got the parts today & Thanks for the bonus!!

Great Support!!

Will be buying a Berserker soon as the new parts are ready &I save the cash, I had it saved but purchased a Benq RL2755HM Console Gaming Monitor because my 46in Sammy had alot of input lag.

Last edited:

modded matt

As noted, the screws screw directly to the plastic shell and hold quite well (surprisingly) this is the same method used by Scuff. the washers provide spacing and the flexibility needed when pressing the paddles.

Placement of the tacts is critical because, if they are too low on the controller, the MOBO wont sit down into the shell enough to line up the mic input port. If the tacts are too high, they will interfere with the clips on the battery cover when they are inserted.

If all that is needed to be able to use the chat adapter is clearance between the paddle and the adapter, how about using a taller tact and and additional rubber washer to gain the clearance needed. you may also need longer screws.... but hey, happy modding.

Edit: and if that works, you can change the paddle screw/washer configuration then thicken just the portion of the paddle that contacts the tact to make up the difference. this way it is all done externally which should not void the warranty on the controller.