Error + not charging right?

NickM

Hey guys two things, first one I'd like to be addressed first is that my controller isn't charging right! The play and charge kit just won't charge it completely, can anyone help with that?

Also, when I try to open my macro setup on the viking software I get a GIANT page of errors.. Idk why its happening, but I can't open my macro set up!

Please help!

Nick

WetterThanWater

Is your battery pack fully charging with a different PnC cable?

For your software problem, try restarting your computer and make sure that every other program is closed, especially the firmware updater.

If it still doesn't work, upload your .vks and NYjetsNY1 will take a gander at it..

NYjetsNY1

NickM said:
Hey guys two things, first one I'd like to be addressed first is that my controller isn't charging right! The play and charge kit just won't charge it completely, can anyone help with that?

Also, when I try to open my macro setup on the viking software I get a GIANT page of errors.. Idk why its happening, but I can't open my macro set up!

Please help!

Nick

Try using other rechargeable batteries. It may be that your specific rechargeable battery has had its time and is dead or nearly dead. Make sure you are charging it with your xbox, not anyhting else.

Make sure you are trying to open the .vks. Not a .vkm. Have you tried it with the new software?

Definitely post the .vks file (your macro set) here so I can see if I can open it / what may be the issue.

NickM

It doesn't make sense the vks thing, its worked before (and i haven't changed it since) it just doesn't want to work..

Attachments

• MycustomsNYjetsmodified.vks
    133.7 KB · Views: 7

NYjetsNY1

NickM said:
It doesn't make sense the vks thing, its worked before (and i haven't changed it since) it just doesn't want to work..

Works fine on my computer.

Uninstall the viking software.

Install this: http://viking360.com/downloads/thevikin ... _setup.exe

Open the software.

Then open the .vks

Do not try to open the macro set (.vks) by double clicking the file off the desktop or from a folder.

Instead, open it while using the viking software.

In the viking software, top right corner, the folder, press it, navigate to the .vks file and open it like that.

Try with the newest software.

NickM

I re downloaded the software and no dice, the only thing I didn't do before that is uninstall the one already on the computer because my computers "Uninstall list" isn't loading.. sigh....

EDIT: deleted the software and redownloaded, still isn't working, this is really start to get on my nerves...

EDIT 2: Its the new software thats giving me the error, I downloaded the old software and its working flawlessly.. I swear.. If I can't end up having no recoil because the new software doesn't work on my comp ima be real sad :|

odingalt

Staff member
Nick,

Need you to post screenshot of your error. Also need to know exactly how you are launching the software - are you just clicking on the icon, or are you doubleclicking on a .VKS or .VKM?

NickM

I am launching the software like I should be, its nothing with my way of starting the program up, I don't believe so at least. I click on the icon on my desktop and it starts up, I go to "Open" and then I click on my .vks file and it gives me this error:
fa80812107f6ba47561a482b1f8bead2.png

Idk what it is lol, my computer? A virus? Hell idk lol. Also, when I click ok it just closes the program :O

This is probably an easy fix, I will probably feel like an idiot here ina few..

NYjetsNY1

NickM said:
I am launching the software like I should be, its nothing with my way of starting the program up, I don't believe so at least. I click on the icon on my desktop and it starts up, I go to "Open" and then I click on my .vks file and it gives me this error:
fa80812107f6ba47561a482b1f8bead2.png

Idk what it is lol, my computer? A virus? Hell idk lol.

Neither. Odingalt will forward this to the devs I'm sure, and they will get it fixed up.

odingalt

Staff member
Are you using the latest version of the software 0.8.7.3?

This is a beta software. If you install this software, DON'T CLICK check for updates as it will down-grade you to the old version.

This is the latest and greatest:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3118

NickM

Yes its the new one, and yes like NY said, he gave me the new DL link, and also when I download it it says downloading "...8.7.4" etc etc.. So idk whats going on o_O

Again, the old one still working flawlessly.