Factory startup on ragnarok ps4

mod-fx2b

The documentation on startup seems a little vague and i really don't want to have to buy my buddy another chip cuz i accidentally locked him out of mods. In the documentation for factory startup there is one line that states to hold triangle on first power up so you don't lock any mods. The individual list shows triangle to unlock a mode or mod and ex to lock it. I'm assuming that holding triangle on power up just enters this menu? If so, do i have to hit triangle for every mod through the list then exit this menu? If so, how do i exit this menu? This all seems counter intuitive because my experience and instinct would tell me to test all button presses before going into mod menu. (I do this with all mods, step one check all connects with multimeter. step two, test buttons to make sure that ex=ex etc) I've read the documentation and searched the forums for factory mode but I'm still unsure. Thank you in advance for your time.

Freyja

Staff member
Tips for the PS4 Ragnarok DIY kit:

DO NOT touch any buttons while you are closing the controller/after you have plugged in the ribbon cable that goes from the back of the shell to the circuit board, ESPECIALLY NOT the X button or you're effed
You should plug that ribbon cable in last. You don't actually even need the controller to be shut all the way to enable the mods; most of the tech's leave it open for the enable phase and then close it up and tighten it down because of the no-touchy the buttons
When you go to turn the controller on the first time to enable the mods you don't need to press anything to start it up, just plug it into your on PS4 or PC
If you have done everything correctly a RED LED in Q1 will be illuminated (if it doesn't come on within 5 seconds of plugging in and turning on do not continue, go back and check your work) Now you press (we do not hold, we press it to make sure every mod comes on) the triangle button, the light should flash a green (to indicate that mod was unlocked) and then change color. Continue this process until all LED's turn off. If you want to disable a mod press the X button instead of the triangle
All of the mods have now been turned on and your controller has automatically exited the mod programming mode.

Now close up the controller and don't tighten the top screws down too much or you'll jam the touchpad.

mod-fx2b

Tips for the PS4 Ragnarok DIY kit:

Thank you so much for your time and prompt response. That cleared things up tremendously. Just fyi I read through all the pdf guides from your site so they could prob be updated to prevent further nuisance questions like my own. Thanks for that tid bit at the end about the screws, at least I know to look out for it now. I'm doing a 2000mah battery install with custom made abs paddles, (couldn't wait for ps4 blades) and a magnetic reed mod switch so no "accidental reprogramming" is done. It's going to be a tight fit! "why yes, there was a battery tray in there but that was clearly for aesthetic pruproses only :)" While I have your attention for future reference what does it take to get my own lock unlock factory code?