[FINISHED] AcidMods Mod-Off Viking Controller "Crashed"

Blackburn

thegords77 said:
Very good. What paint did you use? Only problem is the parts by the battery but thats no biggy at all
what parts by the battery, it just has a sticker on the battery pack because it was brand new.... And its Testors Paint that was airbrushed on

Fredrow

I #^&$%4 love this controller....... You by chance didn't do any doc write ups on this project did you? If you did any chance of emailing them to me, so I can give this a try....lol......

Blackburn

lol thanks fredrow! and what do you mean by document writeups? I plan on making another contorller similar to this one, are you asking for a tutorial? hahaha :mrgreen:

Fredrow

yeah something like that.....lol...... I'm just really curious on how you moved around the D-pad and stick......

Blackburn

well for the actual plastic, i just used an xacto knife to cut out the right analog stick from a broken controller shell and used other plastic to fill in the old analog spot and dremeled out the D-Pad holes after the epoxy and filler dried, then painted

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Did you get the D-pad out of a PS3 controller? If you did, was it hard to get it to fit in? You wouldn't think that it would work just like that...

Blackburn

Yeah just the plastic buttons.... The "buttons" are 4 tactile switches with the rubber on top of them and glue up against the buttons and wired to the traces of the original D-Pad location

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Blackburn said:
Yeah just the plastic buttons.... The "buttons" are 4 tactile switches with the rubber on top of them and glue up against the buttons and wired to the traces of the original D-Pad location
thats....thats..@$#%! SMART!!!!! :lol:

Insayne

Sick. That's really all I can say. Your skill's are above and beyond what I thought possible.

Needless to say: Nice Job bro. :)