Firmware update?

frankie79

Hey guys!

I have a question on the firmware update. I got my controller around the second week in July and I was wondering if I needed to update the firmware. I don't remember being able to see any updates on the website beforehand but now I see the update for V0.8.7.3. When I open the software (controller not connected) and click on the gear it says it is up to date. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to update the firmware. I haven't played in awhile but last I remember it was working great. Although some minor issues with the rapid fire/jitter mod macros from time to time. Is there any way to check to see what firmware is installed on my controller? I appreciate your help and the controller kicks *****! Keep up the good work guys!

Xx Binno xX

Hey guys!

I have a question on the firmware update. I got my controller around the second week in July and I was wondering if I needed to update the firmware. I don't remember being able to see any updates on the website beforehand but now I see the update for V0.8.7.3. When I open the software (controller not connected) and click on the gear it says it is up to date. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to update the firmware. I haven't played in awhile but last I remember it was working great. Although some minor issues with the rapid fire/jitter mod macros from time to time. Is there any way to check to see what firmware is installed on my controller? I appreciate your help and the controller kicks *****! Keep up the good work guys!
The controller comes with the most current firmware, Also when you plug it into the computer it auto check for software and firmware updates I believe. I got mine in June 2011 and have not had to update the firmware so you should be good.

odingalt

Staff member
Based on your purchase date you should already have the latest firmware. If in the future there are firmware updates, you would only know by bookmarking the Viking360.com website and periodically checking the macro controller download page... software updates come automatically through The Viking macro software, but firmware updates can only be flashed to the controller manually, and you'd only know if there was a firmware update by checking the website.