Gears of War 3 Beta Mods

Prodigy

Well I don't know if anyone wants them because they are all pretty basic and not anything too special, was basically just me doing active reloads-- recording them -- then tweaking them to not fail (Mainly these are for my buddy who I recently persuaded to get the controller :p). Most of the following are active reloads for all the starting weapons (Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammer Burst, Gnasher, Sawed-Off and SNUB/Boltok).

It's my first set so go easy on me. I'm usually good at this kind of stuff so I'm gonna try to take up mod making for the games I play (which is a lot).

Attachment::: (Because it's awaiting moderator verification)
[attachment=0:5efchfvi]GoW3-Beta-Set.vks[/attachment:5efchfvi]
The Macro Set includes all the things I personally use as I like to use 1 page for Gears. The mod set includes the following :

RB (LT1 = Toggle) = Gnasher Active Reload

RT (RT1 = Toggle) = 10 sps Rapid fire mod (haven't made a custom one, so credit to whoever made the GoW2 Rapidfire mod)

LT = Auto-Spot Mod *** Basically just a looping mod so when you are holding the Left Trigger it will automatically be clicking the left stick down (The stick click). In the gears of war 3 beta this puts a blue/red dot (dependent on the team you are on COG or Locust) over the enemy you put it on. So it will mark your opponents with out you having to remember to click the stick. **Note** I really didn't tweak this that much just a basic click and has worked well for me, it may could use some tweaking but for me it has worked well.

RT2 = Retro Lancer Active Reload (Just want to note, I had one game where I had a problem with this one, but never had it happen again so it may/may not need tweaking but it has worked fine for me except for the one match {I played about 20 matches with it})

RT3 = SNUB/Boltok Pistols Active Reload (Side note - I haven't tried this with the Gorgon SMG, so I don't know if it works. I really just made all these real quickly and didn't have time to sprint for any weapons {Hence there is only starting weapons})

LT2 = Hammer Burst Active Reload

LT3 = Lancer Active Reload (The real lancer, not the retro/gold retro lancer)

I have all them for tac switches and the Right bumper, but it's pretty easy to make the Tac switches into right bumpers and vise-versa, so I will just include the set. There if you want to create your own you can just take the individual mods and move them to your liking. BTW the rapid fire mod is taken from the Viking 360 Team's mod set for gears 2, so just because I like to give credit if it's not my work, good job to them :p. I'll be working on a mod for the hammer burst perhaps for recoil purposes. I also am going to fiddle around with the retro lancer, maybe get a slow mod around (2.0 sps I think) to get that accurate. Anyways I'll keep you updated, hope you guys like this. And hopefully to many more mods to come :D

Btw have a good easter since I'm posting it on easter :p

**Edit**
Also give me feedback on them if they aren't working, because I don't know if connection will have an effect on the reload mods or not.

***Edit2*** Some have lights on them, and some don't I have to send my controller back sometime this week to get it fixed as the LED's died or something, but the mods works as they still work on my controller. So thats the reasoning for some LED's and some none-LED's

Attachments

• GoW3-Beta-Set.vks
    12.9 KB · Views: 19

fathersin

The hammer burst active reload misses half the time course it misses short when it does so it still reloads. I haven't tried to tweak it yet. Here is my hammer burst rapid fire I use its not that great maybe someone can improve on it but it works pretty well for me the anti recoil is small but, I like it.

Updated this to what I am using currently its a little faster with same control and more humanized rapid fire.

Attachments

• hammer anti recoil.vkm
    576 bytes · Views: 12

fathersin

Retro lancer reload could use some timing changes I don't use retro often but, when I use reload it doesn't miss reload but active reload happens less then 50% of the time.

oDEEKo

fathersin said:
Retro lancer reload could use some timing changes I don't use retro often but, when I use reload it doesn't miss reload but active reload happens less then 50% of the time.

What's you connection like? Might be worth checking what firmware/ software you're on/ reload the macros or summin buddy, as both prodigys hammer and retro actives work great for me.. I'll keep checking when I'm using em and report back if any different. I'm sure the only fluffed actives I get are when I've not hit the tac switch in time, emptied the clip and the reload animation has already begun when I do hit the tac. It happens more often with the retro for me as I empty the clip more quickly without realising ;)