Glitchy Controller - New

norrija

I purchased a new Ragnarok controller to play on MW3 and I've noticed what seems like glitches:

- fast reload - doesn't reload a partially used clip - only reloads when the clip is fully spent

- quick scope - when active, it sometimes doesn't let me look through scope - brings it part way up or doesn't fully engage the scope view

- auto scope - I guess this is not available in MW3 - I was hoping that it would automatically center on target to correct my aiming

- rapid fire - I don't get the rapid fire feature for the stiker shotgun. It's still semi-auto.

Frankly, at this point, I'm not sure the enhancements are worth what I paid, unless my controller is defective. Thoughts?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Which one do you want to work on first, it's hard to answer a barrage of generic questions on half the features of the controller. Let's start at the top. Fast reload. Which fast reload mode on the controller are you using, what delay number do you have dialed in, what weapon are you using, and which perks does your combatant have turned on? These all make a difference.

40_ounce

I purchased a new Ragnarok controller to play on MW3 and I've noticed what seems like glitches:

- quick scope - when active, it sometimes doesn't let me look through scope - brings it part way up or doesn't fully engage the scope view

It's called quick scope for a reason. When you quick scope you never fully scope in.

norrija

Here is more information. I've read where other people are experiencing some of these same things. I am to the point of sending the controller back and let tech support test it. However, I thought I would start here.

- auto reload - doesn't actually reload until the clip is spent. No sleight of hand. perks - blind eye, assasain pro, ??. Same on all weapons from what I've experienced. only used the first mod code

- end screen pops up during the game - my daughter was telling me about this, but I haven't seen it yet.

- quick scope - doesn't allow me to normal scope - to survey a location or prepare for a rush attack. this is intermittent, and sometimes the scope toggles back and forth quickly and sometimes it doesn't go to full scope - i.e. - the scope seems to come partially up but doesn't lock in all the way

- occasionally kicks me out to of the lobby just as the game is ending - I don't see the stats

- rapid fire - doesn't seem to make a lot of difference on normal assult (fully auto) weapons and only makes a nominal difference on single fire assult rifle.

I haven't had it long enough to play with all the settings, but I assume what I am experiencing is not normal or designed. Right now, we don't even use the controller because of these issues.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The controller has absolutely nothing to do with being sent back to the lobby, that's just something that hapens occaisionally... You can just look at the stats from the last game in the lobby anyways. I would imagine whatever an "end screen" is is nothing to do with the controler either. The controller does not alter the game's code, so if you can't do it with a regular controller (if you're fast enough) this controller won't do it either.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Also, it apears you are useing the fast reloads wrong, you are trying to use mode 1 for everything? You need to pick an exact mode for the gun you are using, and it is different for almost all of them. If you're playing MW3 it won't work unless you are using the latest patch on the 360 controller, the PS3 controller's patch is coming out soon. Rapidfire is useless on full-auto guns, other than to slow down and conserve ammo. Use setting number 2 and it will work well (about 10 spots per second) with the MK14 with a rapidfire attatchment and the P99 pistol.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok, I can see you are going to just ignore my posts, which generally is not very helpful, as I am the guy who designs the hardware and the software for all of Viking's mods. lol I am trying to help but I need to thoroughly cover each question that you have separately to prevent any ADD from creeping in as customers tend to not want to listen to what I have to say.

Let us start with fast reload. Let's pick one gun.

Are you in MW3?
Which gun are you using?
Which of the 10 fast reload modes are you using?
Which delay number are you using?
This is the Ragnarok correct?

Give me the details and I will go grab my Ragnarok and test out the fast reload on a specific gun for you. Once I can get through your question on fast reload I will work on the next issues.

At this time to answer your main question, no, the controller is not broken and does not need to be sent back to the shop for testing.

norrija

Okay, the controller has to be bad. In mod mode, I was using the Type 95 (3 round burst) assult rifle and here is what I experienced.

I was using fast reload mod 7, but it also happens when any mod is active

- upon respawn, it goes thorugh 60% of the process to throw a grenade, but doesn't actually throw it.

- the main screen randomly pops up - the screen with listing the players. I tap B to go back and the Xbox menu pops up. So, I tap B to exit both screens and then it changes my gun.

I plan on returning the controller and let tech support figure it out.

odingalt

Staff member
Semtex Fast Reload modes (Designed for MW3) require that you be holding a SEMTEX grenade.
Trophy System Fast Reload modes (Also designed for MW3) require that you be holding a trophy system.

The controller is ready for the DEFAULT button layout out of the box. To use any other button layout, you must program the controller. To switch to a different button layout, hold your mod switch and hold the triangle button. Then count the number of blinks on the LEDs:

Mode 1: Default
Mode 2: Tactical
Mode 3: Lefty
Mode 4: Nom4d
Mode 5: Charlie*

ShiftwRx

Wondering if you've even watched the tutorial videos for the controller and videos for the software associated with the rag.??? based on your posts' im guessing not entirely.... check them out, other than that just have patience with the controller and you'll get it,

You've got multiple users including odin who builds these that are wiling to help you but gotta be patient and communicate your probems clearly, you cant just say " the mods aren't working...its the controller" if its a new controller and judging by your posts'....your lacking the knowledge of what certain mods do....... you probably are not sure on how each feature on the controller truly works(the tutorial vids will help with this), meaning you need a certain part of your class(grenade/equip.) for quick reload to work,

As for the quick scope mod...quickscope mod means its immitating the quick scope technique used in the cod series, this is where some one will pull the left trigger untill right before or just as the balck cross hairs appear then instantly pull the right trigger to fire the sniper while making sure to not be moving to much with the joysticks to ensure a straight shot. While Quickscoping you never fully look through the scope for any extended period of time if at all. Quick scope does require you to have good aim as well, you must keep your target in the middle of you screen/at the intersection of your crosshairs. To get better at quickscoping you must get used to paying attention to where the center of the screen is......... when ever you fully scope in with a gun, where ever the intersection of the crosshairs are, is where the center of the screen is.

again watch the tutorial videos on the rag, to learn what the controller is capable of and how to use its different features, I dont even have the controller but have watched the videos so many times because I love the features of it. Also keep asking questions and communicating with the users and odin who truly know how your controller works, as a soon as you fully understand it you probably wont want to put it down.

Basic Tut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6W9V5OjKZ8&feature=related

Advanced. Tut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL6SAaWbioM&feature=related

odingalt

Staff member
Never know, it could just be a bad controller. :) Viking has had their fair share of product returns needing something fixed inside the guts of the thing.

But yeah I always try to run through the usual questions, sometimes what is originally thought to be a bad controllers can be fixed with a little help on how the mod works - these things can come with a learning curve especially if you haven't owned one before.