GTA Iv

smrx8

Hello in process of buying the raven but have not seen any downloads for this game.

does it even work for this game ?

one last question if it does how fast does it shoot as another company says there controller is the fastest rapid fire out there.

Sorry for the the question but spent money on a evil and know a few people that shoot double the speed of my controller.

odingalt

Staff member
I'll be honest, rapidfire doesn't work all that well on GTA IV. It has to do with game lag. Check out our video here and go to about 6:39 (6 minutes 39 seconds) into the video for the clip of GTA IV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAXQAryoeR0

The reduced recoil and increased speed is apparent, but this is when firing down an alley with no enemies and little graphics being rendered by the XBOX console. Of course, some modded controllers are better than others (you at least want one that lets you dial in your own speeds, if you don't go with a Viking). If the software coder for a particular mod didn't spend any time 'tuning in' the rapidfire speed for a particular game, it can actually slow it down. Anyway I digress,

If you get into a heavy firefight in multiplayer play with like 18 guys running around and missiles and smoke and game lag (which GTA IV is famous for - mega lagging) then your rapidfire speed is gonna slow way down. Regardless of what controller or rapidfire speed you are running. We included GTA IV in the video because at the time 'all the mod shops were doing it' and we were getting a lot of heat from potential customers because we didn't 'support GTA' (even though you can get rapidfire on virtually any game just using the user-programmable mode on our All-in-one driver). So, we included a GTA IV mode specifically in our All-in-one driver and put GTA IV on the list of supported games.

Hope this helps you out in your controller shopping!

EviiL sKiiLz

If you put the sps to around 19 then that should work well....this is the setting i use and it works well the only thing is when there is traffic on you'll get lag but that is with any rapid fire contoller...hope this helps

smrx8

I wonder then how the other guys do it my evil starts to lag while the other guys with a turbo works like lightining

Wanted to purchase this one to see if its better then my evil controller

EviiL sKiiLz

I have the adjustable evil controller but viking is way faster...and the reason yours starts to lag up is because if your shooting someone with a faster turbo than you your controller will lag up (i have no idea why but it just does)

smrx8

yea i realize that to late ,to me my evil does way better ,I just got the raven and will try to sell it live and learn.

I still see people who shoot faster then me wonder what they got.

tdog18

stick to the viking, viking is way better what are you doing free updates more glitches
smrx8 said:
yea i realize that to late ,to me my evil does way better ,I just got the raven and will try to sell it live and learn.

odingalt

Staff member
smrx8 said:

We hear this all time time. Post a proof video or please shut up and stop posting this 50 times all over our forums.

Check our vid at 6:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAXQAryoeR0

We have beaten this topic to death. Please stop posting 50 different GTA IV posts. I smell an evilcontrollers employee rat here.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=255&p=2560&hilit=gta#p2560
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37&p=2420&hilit=gta#p2420
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=374&p=2398&hilit=gta#p2398
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=388&p=2415&hilit=gta#p2415

smrx8

Why would i lie ? check the records fool ! before telling someone to shut up ,my name is sergio bought the raven couple days before this posting thinking it was faster then my evo .

and then the owner emails me telling me it really not ment for GTa or do you just want to screw everyone and dont give a crap what works and what does not.

I wrote all over the boards because i was looking for advice on what download worked the best tryed everything and realize my evo was faster.

for gta only ! Sold it on on craigslist becuase it not for this game.

On the other hand the guy who bought it says its very good for modernwarefare 2 , my evo sucked for that game !

so please be more respectful just trying to save members money and time by letting them know its not ment for Gta iv

Thanks ,Serg

IrishStyle

Wasn't there a patch applied to this game recently? Wondering if that has anything to do with the speed and lag.

odingalt

Staff member
smrx8 said:
I wrote all over the boards because i was looking for advice on what download worked the best tryed everything and realize my evo was faster.

Post a video or shut up please. This thread is locked. The next post out of anybody's mouth on the matter of Viking and Viking being slower at GTA, had better be a video of somebody's controller in a 10-12 man on-line multiplayer game with blazing speeds.

I'm usually pretty patient with customers, but I'm really tired of kiddy heresay. Post a vid!

Check out my Viking guarantee here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=387&p=2549&hilit=guarantee#p2549

If you post me a video of a controller that is actually faster than Viking on multiplayer gameplay, then I guarantee we will release a Driver that does the same. Don't dance around the issue, pony up some evidence so I can help out all the other Viking customers, if this is truly even an issue!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
smrx8 said:

Post a video or shut up please. This thread is locked. The next post out of anybody's mouth on the matter of Viking and Viking being slower at GTA, had better be a video of somebody's controller in a 10-12 man on-line multiplayer game with blazing speeds.

I'm usually pretty patient with customers, but I'm really tired of kiddy heresay. Post a vid!
ahhh THANK YOU E :D

odingalt

Staff member
I would be more than happy to release a new and 100% FREE GTA IV driver for all of our customers, if somebody will actually show me that faster speeds are possible.

Until that happens, the issue is dead.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
I would be more than happy to release a new and 100% FREE GTA IV driver for all of our customers, if somebody will actually show me that faster speeds are possible.

this guy is just trying to piss you off e just lock this topic i used my friends evil and well ....the viking OWNS it

odingalt

Staff member
Well no I think he does have one good point, that rapidfire controllers are not really meant for GTA IV, I do appreciate him coming in to comment on our product and I have to apologize for taking it as personally as I do, I should have been more professional in my responses. After all, the whole point of the forums is for a place where customers can freely vent about our products, and in return for their honesty our tech team should be trying their best to fix the issues that come up.

I guess the only point I'm trying to make (or maybe I'm just dead wrong about this?), I was under the impression that nobody's controllers work very well with GTA IV. Dang, if Evil controllers are faster on GTA IV then I've got some software driver work to do ASAP!

In any case, I'd like to tender my apology to smrx8. I will try to keep a cool level head. I think I just need to learn to take criticism better, and that way I can save my energy for coding work! :)

Anyway I'm unlocking the thread, please keep it cool and don't hate on smrx8, I know I fueled the fire a little bit. Sorry about that!

smrx8

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
odingalt said:

this guy is just trying to piss you off e just lock this topic i used my friends evil and well ....the viking OWNS it

Im not here to start a fight,your friend has a evo ? maybe not the one i have mine is the adjustable one 169.99 i believe i paid and for some weird reason shoots faster not blazing faster but quicker dont want people to think that evo controller is the best thing because there not.

Viking will top any controller out there because is proggramable in witch other are not.

LIKE I SAID I APPOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE INCLUDING ODINGALT AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHOW HIM A CLIP IF I KNEW HOW TO POST THEM.

odingalt

Staff member
And I apologize to you, too man! Again thanks for stopping in and talking to us again even after all the flamewars.

I'll keep poking around to see if I can make improvements, heck maybe I'll even buy the competition's controller to check things out! So far I've been doing this whole thing 'blind' - that is, I invented the mod chip and have been writing my own software without ever picking up one of the competition's controller. I do all my research on google and youtube lol

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
And I apologize to you, too man! Again thanks for stopping in and talking to us again even after all the flamewars.

I'll keep poking around to see if I can make improvements, heck maybe I'll even buy the competition's controller to check things out! So far I've been doing this whole thing 'blind' - that is, I invented the mod chip and have been writing my own software without ever picking up one of the competition's controller. I do all my research on google and youtube lol
DO NOT TOUCH THE WAW PRESET ITS PERFECT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: