Headset port not aligned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durus

I got my Berserker today. When I went to insert the headset adapter to update the controller, it won't go in. I also tried the stock headset but got the same results. I compared the Berserker to the stock controller. It looks like the port is slightly raised. I submitted a ticket but I'm also wondering if anyone on the forum can help.

corbs210

I got my Berserker today. When I went to insert the headset adapter to update the controller, it won't go in. I also tried the stock headset but got the same results. I compared the Berserker to the stock controller. It looks like the port is slightly raised. I submitted a ticket but I'm also wondering if anyone on the forum can help.

Same problem here.....But found a solution .In order to use the stock headset..where the volume control is ( Mute mic, vol + , vol -) flip it over and u can pop open the bottom of the volume control piece witha flat head or anything thats flat.. look at this pic and it should look like this when u pop it off...once u pop it opp.. plug the adapter into the controller but when ur about to put it in the controller push up a lil on the usb with a small object and it should go in the controller.. after u do that.. you shouldnt have any trouble putting it in or taking it out ..after u got it working put the bottom piece on and Bam you should be good 2 go....i had the same problem as u trying to figure out an answer but i figured it out :D

http://i57.tinypic.com/1qqpo4.jpg

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Open up a support ticket and have the staff take a look at it.

Last edited:

modded matt

Please send the pics you sent me to Odingalt, or open a ticket and send the pics that way. There will be no question on repair. (the board did not get seated properly upon reassembly. Should be an easy fix once you open the shell.

odingalt

Staff member
Update, we figured out what's going on.

If you have a Berserker and you have Paddle Switches, the tac switches underneath the paddle switches could cause the circuit board to be "pushed up" and mess up the mic jack alignment. The solution is to ship the Berserker back to the shop, where they will open it up, uninstall the tac switches, re-drill the holes about 0.75cm closer stance, re-install the tac switches, and all will be well and fixed.

The "old" location for the tac switches for paddle switches pushed against components on the Microsoft circuit board. We could plug in the jack fine at the shop but by the time the package is jostled around by the post man and arrives at your location the circuit board has worked it's way up, blocking the mic. This was baffling for us for a couple of weeks as we were specifically testing every controller by inserting the mic jack and everything was fine, but customers were receiving and saying the mic jack was screwed up.

After a lot of investigation and testing this is the issue, the issue specifically affects you if you have Berserker plus paddle switch, and the solution requires redrilling and reinstalling the tacs about 0.75cm in a different location, this moves the tac switches to a clear space inside the controller and more more interference or pressure on the Microsoft circuit board. Sorry for the slowness in figuring this one out. We thought we found the issue several other times and were wrong each time.

odingalt

Staff member
Long stoyr short, if you have a Berserker with paddle switches and can't get the mic into the controller contact us right away to arrange for us to take the controller back and relocate those tac switches!

Status
Not open for further replies.