Help with Xbox 360 Macro Controller

boomers831

Being I am a directional hand in the oil field, I rarelyget to play COD. I have been home lately and finally get to have some fun. Ihave noticed that my controller is always popping up menus. It also moves onits own while I am standing still in a game. For example, if I am behind acorner, my guy will very very slowly start spinning or walking. When I hitselect to see the score, another menu pops up over the score. It seems to getworse and worse as time goes on. The directional pads are laggy and very verystiff. Maybe this is from lack of use but none the less it has to be pressedhard to get a response. Maybe I am being too fragile with it, I just know whenI spend that much money on a controller, and I don't want it taking a beating.Not sure what to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Side note:

Are there any clans of people using the 360 that are joinable. I need somepeople to play with. I am not that good but I have potential:) haha

Chris

odingalt

Staff member
Controller always popping up menus : if you have for example turned on a fast reload macro and then are in the game lobby and hit X it will proceed to hit other buttons. I.e. basically if you assign a macro to a stock button and then press the stock button that macro will play back at any time. The other explanation would be buttons that are shorted together i.e. you press one button but the other button gets pressed. If the latter then it could be a problem with your hardware. Try cleaing all the macros off the controller and playing a few rounds and see if you get any mystery button presses. Is this a old controller (like over a year old?) try downloading the latest firmware (sounds like it's a new controller though).

D-pad stiff - could either be need to break it in more or the rubber under the dpad isn't seated properly but usually you'd have problems like d-pad not working at all if the rubber is not seated properly so I'm going to go with needs broken in.

boomers831

I will clear the macros and try it out. My join date was feb so I am guessing that its about a year old. My main concern is the contoller moving my guy on its own. I am going to make a video so you can see. Want me to email you so its not posted. I dont want people seeing it on you tube and discouraging a possible purchase. I love the controller. Sucks that theshotgun jitter was patched. The new jitterbug , jitterbug 2 med fast tac macros don't work well. After the first shot the shotgun tries to reload unless I am alone with no one around. And mostly pressing the dpad down is the problem. Not left right or up. Anyways, thanks for the reply and help.
I am using my phone so sorry for errors.