How to get my headset to work

TangoJay

I bought the xbox one stereo headset, but can't get it to work or even pick up the update, so I tried the headset that came with the system, but couldn't get that to work either. What might I be doing wrong?

bonefisher

Try everything hooked up and then turn on xbox one! This has happened to me and worked like this.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
It's just plug and play like you would do on a stock unmodded controller, no special instructions when it's a modded controller.

modded matt

This could be one of the Xbox one bugs. I use an unmodded controller when gaming, and am constantly having mic issues with the xbox one. The best bet (after the controller update) is to plug the mic into the controller before you power on the xbox one. even then I still have issues sometimes. This could also be NAT related. but in settings there is a "detailed network diagnostics" that states my connection is 36 down, 13 upload, ping of 91, with zero packet loss, and my NAT is set to open, so there is nothing wrong with my connection.

Last night during deadrising, With my mic plugged in, I could hear my friend, but he could not hear me. If I unplug the mic to just use kinect, he could hear me, but I could no longer hear him through the kinect.

So do not rule out this being an Xbox issue.

odingalt

Staff member
Ugh to go more off topic, we've had a lot of issue with PS4 controller early batch being total garbage in terms of losing their wireless connection to the console.