I have an idea!

ModderMan

Please please please respond back and tell me why I can't have anti recoil on my ps3 ragnarok! I wouldn't mind paying extra but please test it out and make a ps3 controller with anti recoil. Please tell me If something's in the works, if your thinking about it, or If your not going to, tell me why! Please respond back

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Nope, we don't have any plans to do anti-recoil in a modchip for PS3. We'd have to design a new modchip to add anti-recoil.

ModderMan

Reply to odingalt

Could you possibly look in to anti-recoil in a new chip. Your the only modding company I'd ever buy from and I can't find a anti-recoil mod for Xbox or ps3 anywhere so kudos. But I would 100%!!!!! buy a mod chip with all that's in the ragnarok plus the anti-recoil. Is there any possibility you will add anti-recoil in the next year or even 2?

odingalt

Staff member
We're probably not going to be coming up with any new modchip technology unless a new console is released, or unless we are forced to do so due to technology changes in the controller's circuit boards.

PS3 thumbsticks are a bit more complicated than XBOX360 thumbsticks, I am told they use "hall effect sensors" which is a lot harder to hack than potentiometers.

BradT25

We're probably not going to be coming up with any new modchip technology unless a new console is released, or unless we are forced to do so due to technology changes in the controller's circuit boards.

PS3 thumbsticks are a bit more complicated than XBOX360 thumbsticks, I am told they use "hall effect sensors" which is a lot harder to hack than potentiometers.

Not to mention, hall effect sensors require a consistent and steady 5v dc, which may mean the introduction of some sort of dc regulator, which in turn means more initial outlay on components, which of course means the end user absorbing some of that cost. I personally think the market is ripe for the rag to be used in cg2 application. Just my 2 cents anyways.

odingalt

Staff member
We're seeing an increase in interest in the Ragnarok chip by clients, we'll be moving ahead with a cg/cg2 version. There's too much software to sell one chip that's "auto detecting" that can automatically switch between matrix2 and cg1/cg2. It will be much easier to sell two different chips (or at least one chip that's preloaded with a different software based on your circuit board version). However this creates all sorts of nightmares from a retail perspective. How do we push driver updates if the driver is different depending on whether or not your controller has a CG/CG2 or a matrix2? etc etc. Lots of little problems always make these projects harder than they first appear.

FYI there is a new PS3 circuit board this week just stamped with "v1.06" and it appears to have the old potentiometer style thumbsticks?! Sony saving money??

odingalt

Staff member
I would be really curious to hear from design engineers at Sony explaining the difference between analog or the magnetic type thumbsticks.