I need help, w/ CG2 (n) XCM shell

Fredrow

Sometimes the analog sticks wont work, sometimes it shoots on its own!

Just a bunch of weird things....

Itz CHARLEY

well i mean it momentarily does it. like it is loose and it only touches together when the controller is moved a certain way.

Fredrow

i thought the same thing! So when I ran the button test code, I shook the %$#5 out of this STUPID piece of dog &^%$ controller to test this theory.

Krier023

Useful Poster
thats weird. did you test the xcm case on a stock controller with no viking? might have something to do with the chip and all the power the xcm/viking are taking

Fredrow

Here is an update....

I am retarded......

I'm pretty sure I fixed the problem, I just got done playing a couple games and didn't have any of the troubles I was having before!

I can't believe that I missed something so simple.... Remember how we told all of you guy's to check the box "configure word" in the boot-loader program? Well I totally forgot to do that!

So after going back and erasing the chip, and then checking that box and loading the Works driver onto the controller it worked great...... I can't believe I was pulling my hair out over something so stupid!!! hahaha, oh well.....

odingalt

Staff member
hahahah we've all done it and it always takes like 2+ hours to figure out W T F

modded matt

haha install a stock chip. dont flash it atall, turn the controller on and try to play.....that will make you go WTF AHAHAHAH.

Fredrow

modded matt said:
haha install a stock chip. dont flash it atall, turn the controller on and try to play.....that will make you go WTF AHAHAHAH.

Nah, it was nothing like that! If it was that, I would have fixed it within 2min..... hahaha.....

The problem happened during the flashing process. Since the build happened on the CG2 board, I totally forgot to check the "configure Word" box on the Bootloader software before I loaded up the pre-set and flashed it to the controller. That box needs to be checked whenever you flash a pre-set to either the CG2 board or the Matrix board. The reason being is that both of those boards do not have a switching PS. I built 2 of the XCM controllers at the same time using the CG2 boards and forgot to check the box for both times that I flashed the Viking360 chips. The weirdest thing about it was that each controller was doing different weird things.... I'm just glad to finally be done with this big bowl of hott mess.....