I see that now you are selling the complete line of legacy controllers

wellboy

I see that now you are selling the complete line of legacy controllers. Odin how likely do you think it is that you will start selling the ole purple chip again? ;) It would be cool to get this diy section back like when Blackburn, Fredrow, and gameroms aka scamroms were making some pretty sick customs all the time.

odingalt

Staff member
Actually yes I am supposed to send some purple chips to Ben over in the UK to get him started again, agreed about the DIY section. My Hawaii vacation interrupted all my business plans, when I get back I will be ordering up a short batch of purple modchips and be adding them to the VikingDigital.com site, as well as rounding up all the old instructions as they are sort of spread all over the place.

Jonny

Actually yes I am supposed to send some purple chips to Ben over in the UK to get him started again

Will there be any of the new Ragnarok chips being sent over with these?, as well as the Thumbsticks and (if you release them) the RoL boards? :)

Also on another note, is it possible to use the PnC port instead of using the 3.5 jack to programme the Ragnarok?

odingalt

Staff member
Man I tell you what, I wanted to get purple but the PCB manufacturer I am using won't give me my beloved purple!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonny yes it's possible to rig the Ragnarok to be programmed through the PnC port instead, I think. It would require some trickery and would probably require you to completely disable the PnC port on your controller.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Thats a bummer! I would love to have a purple chip inside a controller even though you wouldnt even be able to see it haha. Just out of curiosity what color are the macro chips?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Do you think you could take a few pictures of the chip only and upload them? Curiosity killed the cat.

odingalt

Staff member
Modchips in assembly (proprietary socket not shown)

Attachments

• P1020503 small.jpg
    P1020503 small.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 16

modded matt

ROL board??? viking has a rol board?

they have the flex pcb that is a part of the macro controller.

colors in order to my knowledge:
purple
red
blue
green

odingalt

Staff member
Forgot about the ring-of-light flex board. Strangely I don't have any pics of that flex board on my home PC to post. Thanks for reminding me I always forget about that part!!

modded matt

5.jpg

this is the only ROL I know of that viking uses.....its only part of the macro controller.

If u could design these to work independantly I bet they would sell fast.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Thats pretty cool especially since it houses so many LED's. Like Matt said if you could design one to work independently I would definitely buy one just for one of my controller laying around here.