Is there a way to view exact x/y axis values?

C.J.

Is there a way to view exact x/y axis values? Versus having to drag and hope I guessed right while building macros dealing with sensitive analog stick movements? Also is it possible to lock axises (only up and down, or only left and right?)....oh yeah I am running all the new software/firmware.

WetterThanWater

I could be wrong, but I think someone mentioned that you could make it only go up+down but I don't think you can view the exact values.. If im wrong, someone feel free to correct me!

NYjetsNY1

C.J. said:
Is there a way to view exact x/y axis values? Versus having to drag and hope I guessed right while building macros dealing with sensitive analog stick movements? Also is it possible to lock axises (only up and down, or only left and right?)....oh yeah I am running all the new software/firmware.

Yes you can make it go up/down or just left/right.

No way to view exact, just guesses unfortunately.

Joystick Axis Toggling

"Look at the grey joystick icon for each joystick track in the timeline editor. You will now notice little green dots on the joysticks. If the dot is green, then the macro will take full control of that axis during macro playback. If the dot is greyed out, then you have full manual control over that axis during macro playback. Therefore, you can tell the macro controller to only control the x-axis, the y-axis, both axes, or neither axis. You can hover your mouse over the grey joystick icon on the track to see more information. This is especially useful for anti-recoil, where you want the macro modchip only to help control the y-axis when your gun recoils."

C.J.

Cool, Two more questions and I'll let this one die.

1. With axises locked is it still possible to record macros? (kinda a stupid question cause when I get home I could try and see)

2. Has anyone out there found/tried a way to open a .vks with out the viking software and snoop around? (for example on Black Ops the M14, Colts(s). Only recoil along one axis for the most part. Being able to access the true X,Y values would, with a little bit of math, make it possible graph the the recoil cycle...making basically recoil-less a true possibility)

NYjetsNY1

C.J. said:
Cool, Two more questions and I'll let this one die.

1. With axises locked is it still possible to record macros? (kinda a stupid question cause when I get home I could try and see)

2. Has anyone out there found/tried a way to open a .vks with out the viking software and snoop around? (for example on Black Ops the M14, Colts(s). Only recoil along one axis for the most part. Being able to access the true X,Y values would, with a little bit of math, make it possible graph the the recoil cycle...making basically recoil-less a true possibility)

1. Axis's are only locked during playback of a macro. So yes it is still possible to record a macro, and axis's are never truly "locked"

2. Not that I know of.

C.J.

Awesome thanks, yeah I didn't think I could lock it up the way I was wanting to. I figured out a way to lock it though, it is game specific for sure, and cant record but...
So I checked it out with a hex editor and as long as it doesn't start super-duper advanced I think I'll start messing around in my free time and see if I can figure what the heck is going on and might be able to be done from that end...any tips anyone might have let me know .:p

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately I can't offer any help on reverse engineering our product as I'm too afraid of the competition stealing things. I have a lot of debugging tools that actually take the .VKS and spit it out in a nice commented file that explains exactly how the pages and macros are laid out and all the bits and bytes of how they work. This tool will never go public however :)

C.J.

I totally understand what ya mean. You have a pretty insane product in the Viking I grin every time I plug this puppy in, and after talking to a friend I may have found an extremely easier way to get close enough with not much work at all.Thanks again, the product support is awesome and am going be picking up two more controllers in the near future because of this one for my girlfriends 9 year-old son and one for my 54 year-old father who have both been drooling after coming over and seeing mine (one a little more than the other) and have recommended to all my friends too. Not that it doesn't talk for itself too in all those kill cams.

DirkSmoove

odingalt said:
Unfortunately I can't offer any help on reverse engineering our product as I'm too afraid of the competition stealing things. I have a lot of debugging tools that actually take the .VKS and spit it out in a nice commented file that explains exactly how the pages and macros are laid out and all the bits and bytes of how they work. This tool will never go public however :)

smart man