Just curious....advice on secondary weapons

SlickNick

So obviously Im using the MK14 as my primary which destroys at medium to long range. My play style is pretty much to sit back and keep my enemies at a distance. But....when I do need to clear a room or go CQ, unless I hard scope through the door, I get my *** handed to me....

What do some of you guys use as a secondary??? Machine pistol or handgun??? Right now Im kinda leaning towards handgun...akimbo maybe??? Ive played around with a few, but the stats that the game gives you and real game experience can be different....Some of the revolvers look like they would destroy with rapid fire on too.....

....thoughts???

odingalt

Staff member
Turbo knife + akimbo P99's all the way. If it's a small or even medium range map, I'll make turbo knife and akimbo P99's my "primary"! :) There is some lag to the game and it gives the advantage to the melee attacker if you have quick reflexes.

SlickNick

Cool. I'll give it a try.
I know I might get some hate for this...but what about the FMG's akimbo. Are they still super strong, or have they been nerfed too much?

jdsherman

p99s with the akimbo rapid fire set right are absolutely monstrous, the FMG9s get outpowered even at close range by just about anything anymore... especially after the 5-6 nerfs they have had, G18s are really good too if you dont have the akimbo fire on, lot more recoil than the FMGs, but pack a pretty massive whallop...

odingalt

Staff member
:) yeah using akimbo mode either for full autos (or for semi autos with rapidfire turned on) is a blast, I do NOT miss having to mash both left+right triggers at the same time, it's too hard and my left/right brain fight each other lol

Superamino

Dude! U can destroy with the M14 at close range. Try using a rocket as sec. and soften them up before you charge in. Right now I'm using G36 with 0 recoil on RT + Auto hold breath on LT + breath attach, and red dot sight. Accuracy is nice.

jdsherman

mk14 rapid fire suppressed is an absolute beast i will agree with superamino... at least for core, hardcore its a monster in general shoot someone in the toe with that gun and they die... but with the autodrop mod and the rapid fire mod+ rapid fire on the MK14... absolutely hysterical what you can do to people with SMGs and ARs at close range