Legacy RapidFire Customization Software v1.0.0 support thread

odingalt

Staff member
This thread is for support issues related to v1.0.0 of the Legacy Rapidfire Customization Software (formerly known as "the hex editor").

Here is a summary of the changes in v1.0.0:

*New pre-tuned speeds added for various MW3 single-fire guns.
*Each gun has a different maximum rapidfire speed cap in MW3.
*Traditional fast reload no longer works in MW3.
*We added a new fast reload method for MW3, but it requires you to be holding a semtex grenade.
*Jitter no longer works, and it appears there will not be any replacement or fix for jitter in MW3.
*GOW perfect reloads was added to the customization software.
*GOW3 perfect active reload timings are identical to GOW2 and GOW1.
*Added a way to insert your own custom perfect active reload timings (for future releases of GOW)

LoKi

adjustments needed

OK the editor is now functionally useful for gears 3, love the addition of the custom reload timings... as for some of the timings were not EXACTLY the same, as well as there were a few glitches to the gears-1/2 presets,however....

1. the use RB to fire, delay for active works only for the sniper rifle, and even then about the 3rd or fourth shot its a millisecond behind the perfect active..
this does not work for the boomshot as the timings are not the same and is far too fast for the sawed-off. would be great if you could add to the editor an "RB to fire -->+ __( selectable) delay"
instead of the "gears perfect sniper-->+ sniper/boomshot" selection.
This would be an option for functionality of the firing and reloading for the sawed-off***, digger, boomshot, sniper, and most of the map based pick up weps for pretty much all but the torque bow...
also be useful for any further additions to the gears franchise. As well as some of the weps in this game actually reload faster if you accurately get an active there by changing the timing i.e. the sawed-off.

and 2... what are the delays measured in? milliseconds or what? cuz i noticed the snub is about a 32 delay which was about a .5/.6 reload time from RB press to RB press.

I think if you could add this functionality the gears crowd would finally leave you alone about this legacy editor....
Though it may be just as beneficial to add a __ button, delay __ milliseconds, ___ button chain-able command option to the programming of the .hex with a GUI similar to what you have that may very very well be a fix-all for any supported game.
I have an Odin's Raven, not sure what all buttons are tied to the chip, obviously at least the RB & the RT are... the LS must be too for sniper mode. ARE THEY ALL???

Would really like to hear back about the possibilities of this soon. Took a long time to hear anything about the gears 3 revisions in the 1st place.

odingalt

Staff member
Howdy! Great input and thanks for writing!!! You're the first feedback I've had on the GOW3 and it's valuable. Plan on me releasing v1.0.1 with the improvements you mentioned. I will be sending you a PM so I can keep in touch with you when I start working on this. Things are crazy busy now but I want to try to work on this maybe next weekend. Don't want to just leave the legacy customers hanging with a "half-assed" GOW3 driver! :)

E