Light Mod Controller

horatio13

http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16205

I'd like to install this to my raven. No, not the shell, just the start, select, AXBY, and bumpers and triggers. i will put the shell on my other black controller.
I was wondering, is this still compatible with my controller even after it's been made a raven, or will it mess something up? I'm trying to get my controller pimped out :p

Thanks,
horatio13

IrishStyle

horatio13 said:

I'd like to install this to my raven. No, not the shell, just the start, select, AXBY, and bumpers and triggers. i will put the shell on my other black controller.
I was wondering, is this still compatible with my controller even after it's been made a raven, or will it mess something up? I'm trying to get my controller pimped out :p

Thanks,
horatio13

Would really need more info on the LED kit to know for sure. Not sure if the kit uses its own PCB to run the LED's.....This same thing can be done with 0603 smd's and some hot glue....more work that way though.

Blackburn

it is possible to do this. but getting everything to fit correctly will take a bit more effort due to the limited amount of space to work with in the XCM shells

Glocks

horatio13 said:

Thanks,
horatio13
I have pretty much the same case that you want to install, and let me give you fare warning its a very very tight fit to get everything installed right. You run a chance of pinching wires, shorts and ripping off sodder point's. Pluse the their case's are shitty qualty i hate mine the finish comes off and sometimes turns you hand green due to the copper in there paint. I wouldnt do it.

Ben

Glocks said:
I have pretty much the same case that you want to install, and let me give you fare warning its a very very tight fit to get everything installed right. You run a chance of pinching wires, shorts and ripping off sodder point's. Pluse the their case's are shitty qualty i hate mine the finish comes off and sometimes turns you hand green due to the copper in there paint. I wouldnt do it.

I think that pretty much sum's it up for you ;)

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah fredrow just did a duo in my xcm case. It was a little more expensive, but just because it must be hard to get all the wires tto fit in there. im just waiting for it to get to me now.

Xx Binno xX

Yeah i just sent mine to gim also i got black sticks raven install and some other sweet stuff ill show you when i get it, it should be today not sure though.

odingalt

Staff member
You can definitely put the Viking in this case, even as the Odin's Raven with the tac switches and a 3.5mm jack.

But it's a PAIN!

My Odin's Raven test controller literally uses this same exact shell. It took me like 3 hours to finally get it right. If I had to do it again I could probably do it faster, but the first one it seemed like no matter what I did I was pinching a wire somewhere. It's a balancing act to get all the wires in there just right, it's kind of like stuffing the intestines back into a giraffe after you just cut it's stomach open lol

Do NOT try this particular xcm case install you're describing unless you are like 5-star expert modder guy.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
You can definitely put the Viking in this case, even as the Odin's Raven with the tac switches and a 3.5mm jack.

But it's a PAIN!

My Odin's Raven test controller literally uses this same exact shell. It took me like 3 hours to finally get it right. If I had to do it again I could probably do it faster, but the first one it seemed like no matter what I did I was pinching a wire somewhere. It's a balancing act to get all the wires in there just right, it's kind of like stuffing the intestines back into a giraffe after you just cut it's stomach open lol

Do NOT try this particular xcm case install you're describing unless you are like 5-star expert modder guy.
like blackburn :D