Macro Controller Not working

Bronxxster

My Macro Controller all of a sudden stopped working for MW3. It was working fine last night.My buttons work the LED also work but my rapid fire all of a sudden doesnt work.When i hit my Tac for the Drop shot it Drops but doesnt shot. When i hit my Rt to fire it only fires like a regular controller.I tried putting old macros i had on there even tried Black Ops & still didnt work.

Attachments

• My Tacs 3.vks
    116 KB · Views: 1

NYjetsNY1

Try this set out.

Make sure you have fresh, new AA batteries. Read below, and if something doesn't work, tell me.

Press RT1 to change pages.

Page 1 - RED.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 2 - GREEN.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 3 - BLUE.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - blue color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 4 - YELLOW.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - yellow color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 5 - PINK/PURPLE

HOLD LT2 to rapid-fire. No RT on this page.

Let me know what works, what doesn't so I can go from there.

Attachments

• TESTER.vks
    26.6 KB · Views: 4

Bronxxster

It seems to be working now..But every so often it stops working & i need to take the battery out & put it back in & it starts to work. Does it make a difference if the rapid fire is turned on or off before you enter the match? i found that when i have the rapid fire toggled on it seems to work.

Thank you greatly

Bronxxster

As Far as i know its on the latest firmware. When i click the check for update button from the software it says i have the latest version.And as far as the batteries they were pretty new but not new out of the box..i had used them for 10-15 min max.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Bronxxster, if you ordered in the latest 3-4 months then your firmware is probably up-to-date. There's sort of two pieces to the puzzle.

Software - this is what updates when you click the check for update button
Firmware - this has to be taken care of manually, so if you bought over 4 months ago we should probably get you instructions on how to update the firmware.

Bronxxster

I would really appreciate the instructions on how to update the Firmware or check to see if i need the update.I purchased my Controller in July, so looks like im right on the cut off.

NYjetsNY1

It’s important that the Viking Macro software be closed while you run this update. ALWAYS START THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS WITH THE VIKING UNPLUGGED, POWERED OFF, AND THE VIKING MACRO SOFTWARE CLOSED.

When you download these firmware update files, it will be easier to find them later if you download them to your desktop. Be sure to download the FirmwareUpdaterV2.exe and delete the the old FirmwareUpdater.exe. And then download the firmware v0.8.7.3. This firmware unlocks several new features that will allow macros such as anti-recoil and infinite macro looping.

Links: www.viking360.com/downloads/theviking/FirmwareUpdater2.exe
www.viking360.com/downloads/theviking/alpha/0.8.7.3/Viking Firmware 0.8.7.3.bin

[video=youtube;d5oVuclvuoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oVuclvuoM[/video]

Bronxxster

I notice it says to delete the old Firmwareupdater.exe......the only other file i was able to find in my viking360 folder was updater.exe...is that what i should delete when i download the new updater? Also what if my Controller already has the latest firmware? Will it screw things up if i try to download the updater?

NYjetsNY1

It won't be an issue to update to the newest firmware even if you have it. I would save Frimwareupdater2.exe to the desktop, and make sure you open that .exe.

Bronxxster

what about deleting my old updater file? what happens if i dont delete the old one & just download the new one & install it.

NYjetsNY1

As long as it is in a different place, you should be fine. The older updater should be called firmwareupdater.exe , so if you do not have that - you are fine. Just put the firmwareupdater2.exe away from the updater.exe