Making the chat adapter fit !!!!!

JIM WALKER

I have worked on making the NEW chat adapter fit the berserker, I have drawn an image of what I did with a description ... hope its enough .... 20140318_093944 (500x375) (2).jpg

If you take care, the paddles still look perfect ..... take care when creating the concaved area on the adapter not to expose the innards (very gently does it !!!)

I used a Dremel stylus modelling tool with a small sander attachment, not difficult, but care MUST be taken to avoid removing too much material.

It now fits and works perfectly, paddles look untouched and original .....

This my solution to the issue, you may have your own, PM me if you need more info ....

Perhaps (if odin approves) this could be made a sticky ...

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for sharing Jim! [Please note this mod is not officially supported by Viking staff, performing this mod will likely void your warranty.]

Last edited:

csparker88

what about heating the paddles and bending them away from the controller a few degrees? they are made of polycarbonate, right? able to be thermo-formed? a small bend at the top of the 'V' should be about enough. it would be easier if the paddles were removable. does anyone know if the nuts are hot glued or not?

JIM WALKER

what about heating the paddles and bending them away from the controller a few degrees? they are made of polycarbonate, right? able to be thermo-formed? a small bend at the top of the 'V' should be about enough. it would be easier if the paddles were removable. does anyone know if the nuts are hot glued or not?

Suggest heating would be a problem unless you remove them, the lower mount I would think is glued, probably with nuts on the inside for stability, considered all these options, preferred the ones I used, that way the cosmetic appearance stayed original.

csparker88

so i removed the paddles and bent them with a 300w heat gun (used for heat shrinking soldered wires), and a strip of wood that i cut to match the angle between the HSA and the berserker (or as close as i could get with my tools). it came out really well and i sent in pictures via dropbox to Viking in response to the help ticket that i submitted. i now have full function. maybe Viking will post them so that no one will have to cut anything. i would post them here but the files are too big (4M) which far exceeds the 195k limit that i have.

JIM WALKER

so i removed the paddles and bent them with a 300w heat gun (used for heat shrinking soldered wires), and a strip of wood that i cut to match the angle between the HSA and the berserker (or as close as i could get with my tools). it came out really well and i sent in pictures via dropbox to Viking in response to the help ticket that i submitted. i now have full function. maybe Viking will post them so that no one will have to cut anything. i would post them here but the files are too big (4M) which far exceeds the 195k limit that i have.

Well done, glad it worked, at least it shows there are two ways of doing it ...

bonefisher

I guess I'm not chatting til they make a smaller one! That was a great job that you did! I just think that it is too big on the bottom of my controller to even bother with it til they make a smaller one!

JIM WALKER

I guess I'm not chatting til they make a smaller one! That was a great job that you did! I just think that it is too big on the bottom of my controller to even bother with it til they make a smaller one!

I leave mine plugged in, only connect the headset to it when I want to chat, you get used to it being there bone, its worth doing mate, I don't think they will ever make a smaller one anyway ...

csparker88

the HSA is actually a lot smaller than the chat pad for the 360 controll (which i keep on my viking). i feel like the balance is a little better with it on. oh, by the way, i used a small drop of blue loctite on the screws when i put the paddles back on and adjusted for switch activation.