Matrix 2 PCB???????????

BradT25

Just wondering whether viking has the resources to buy them straight off the bat without the hassle of trial an error. If so can we (members of the forum) purchase one.

Fredrow

Do you have a Best-Buy near you? If so then go and buy the black wireless Xbox360 controller and it will be a Matrix-2.... As long as it is just the plain old stock wireless controllers and
NOT the play-n-charge combo or any of the special edition style controllers then it will be a Matrix-2 PCB inside of your controller!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
We ordered some from Provantage.com last week that were Matrix2. I'm worried that microsoft may be going back to CG2. We will be developing a flex-board type modchip for CG/CG2 that will have the Ragnarok software on it. (This is news to me as of this morning)

bobdanoob

Just bought one of those controllers and get it home and its a CG2. I dunno what to do. I have an old Matrix 1(?) board, but that does me no good either, right? Guess ill have to wait to hear if he got one from the website okay and try that.

odingalt

Staff member
BradT25, I think they threw a few free Ring PCB's in with the first few orders but not sure if they put clear thumbsticks in with them? Anyway the ring PCB addon is just plug-and-play.

bobdanoob I think Microsoft may be going back to CG2's and retiring Matrix2, not sure (this is news to me as of yesterday when we bought some controllers from one of our distributors and they are coming CG2 again). When we purchased from provantage.com recently it was a matrix2 pcb. We will be designing a flex-board type modchip that runs the Ragnarok software and works on CG2. This development will take a couple of months.

BradT25

BradT25, I think they threw a few free Ring PCB's in with the first few orders but not sure if they put clear thumbsticks in with them? Anyway the ring PCB addon is just plug-and-play.

bobdanoob I think Microsoft may be going back to CG2's and retiring Matrix2, not sure (this is news to me as of yesterday when we bought some controllers from one of our distributors and they are coming CG2 again). When we purchased from provantage.com recently it was a matrix2 pcb. We will be designing a flex-board type modchip that runs the Ragnarok software and works on CG2. This development will take a couple of months.

Yeah odin i got the sticks and dpad,...the lot. Just need to hunt down a matrix 2 pcb. Would you be interested in selling me one? lol. Anyway just gotta wait to see if the one I ordered has it. Fingers crossed. Alternatively, will the chip work on the cg2 if you find the appropriate solder points.

bobdanoob

Yeah odin i got the sticks and dpad,...the lot. Just need to hunt down a matrix 2 pcb. Would you be interested in selling me one? lol. Anyway just gotta wait to see if the one I ordered has it. Fingers crossed. Alternatively, will the chip work on the cg2 if you find the appropriate solder points.

I don't believe so. He said in another thread that the program would have to be rewritten to work on both matrix2/cg2 boards, and that the cg2 required more solder points so the chip would have to be redesigned.

I'm more interested in finding out if it will work on a Matrix 1 board, because I actually have one of those on hand.

odingalt

Staff member
I don't believe so. He said in another thread that the program would have to be rewritten to work on both matrix2/cg2 boards, and that the cg2 required more solder points so the chip would have to be redesigned.

I'm more interested in finding out if it will work on a Matrix 1 board, because I actually have one of those on hand.

Matrix1 is very similar to Matrix2. Very very very similar. The software would need to be modified for the chip to work on Matrix1, also I think it adds one more solder pad which we might have on the board. I'm buried up to my eyeballs in projects right now I don't know when (if) I would ever have time to make the Matrix2 modchip also compatible with Matrix1.

BradT25

Do you have a Best-Buy near you? If so then go and buy the black wireless Xbox360 controller and it will be a Matrix-2.... As long as it is just the plain old stock wireless controllers and
NOT the play-n-charge combo or any of the special edition style controllers then it will be a Matrix-2 PCB inside of your controller!!!!

Wow...so wrong!
IMG_0133.jpg

Krier023

Useful Poster
Well why did you completely disassemble the controller? You can see if its a matrix2 without unscrewing it. They are starting to phase back in the cg2, only real answer your gonna get is to take a look at the circuit board. nobody can make an exact answer whether you will get it or not.

dadams69

I walked in to best buy tonight and picked up a controller. Matrix2!!!!!! The guy that works there told me they just got these controllers tuesday!

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Crazy. Crazy craziness lol. I think MS is just screwing with us mod shops. I got modchips for every tech now, so I'm covered.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I dont think thy will but if they do Im sure you will find an exploit to keep these mods alive.