Minecraft 1.8.2 (XBOX) Item Duplication Glitch Macro Set

Wolfie

So, my first programming exercise was to make the item duplication glitches easy and repeatable.
I have:
Duplicate Diamonds
Duplicate Iron
Duplicate Gold
Duplicate Wood (planks)
Duplicate Bone Meal

This requires XBOX Minecraft 1.8.2 (or the 1.8.2 update for Nov 2012). Does not work on prior versions. Not guaranteed to work on later if they patch the glitch.

I found the text box in the settings for the set to be insufficient in explaining the glitch details and how to operate it.

1. Place source item in your hand (hotbar), for example Diamond Block
2. Place single matching items in your inventory to receive the duplicated item, example individual diamonds
3. Stand near but not right next to a Crafting Bench, and aim at it
4. Press the TAC corresponding to the item you are duplicating
5. Wait until you have enough duplicated and press the TAC again to stop duplication.

The function of the glitch is to select the crafting table at nearly the same time as you drop the item to duplicate and then break it down before you pickup the item dropped. In the case of wood, its on the first tab of crafting. For the metals and diamonds, they are on the last tab so you have to press left trigger and (B) almost at the same time and a fraction of a second later also press left bumper to change pages before the game realizes you have dropped the item. Then navigate to the proper item in the interface and press (A) to process it. All this must happen in <3sec before you automatically pick up the dropped item to duplicate.

For the metals, each one breaks into 9 items (one block into 9 ingots) as does diamonds. Bone meal produces 3 bone meal each time. Wood produces 4 planks each time.

As this is my first set, I am posting it here first before uploading to the library. Can someone check my work and let me know if I did anything incorrect or if there is a better way of doing things please?

The duplication is not 100% and I spent several hours tonight tweaking the timing to get to the metals/diamond pages. Sometimes the page doesn't change. Sometimes the selection changes on your hot bar (result from the left bumper).

In any event, in a couple minutes, even with the failures, you will have stacks and stacks of the raw resources. Given how hard it is to time it in the game, this is way better!

One last note. You only need one wood to duplicate it to planks. But, for Diamonds, you must mine at least 9 to form your first diamond block. Not an easy task when starting out. Then you can duplicate that block into 9 diamonds each run through the macro. Same holds for the metals, you will need 9 ingots to form the first block to duplicate. Bone meal is like the wood, you only need one bone to produce unlimited bone meal.

Attachments

• MinecraftGlitches_Wolfie_121120.vks
    14.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Wolfie

Well, there are a lot of us out there.

The game was profitable within 1 hour after it was released.
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19123...edition-was-profitable-in-an-hour-says-notch/

Initial sales of 400,000 copies was more than 4x the prior record holder of 100,000 of Trials Evolution and Minecraft still holds the crown for initial sales.

Even with the new releases, COD2 and Halo4, MC still ranks #3. I suspect it will creep back up again as the newness fades on the two new releases.
http://majornelson.com/category/top-live/

To be honest, the list is weighted toward COD and Halo. They can only play one on the console as I understand it. Not sure as I don't play them. If they do allow split screen, I doubt many play it that way. I never hear folks talking at work about doing so. So the UU for a COD2 is assumed to be ONE per console. Minecraft, however, its very common for 2 or up to 4 people to play on the same console. This, to the live server, would still be a single UU and not 4 as all 4 would have the same IP of the console. So, even though there could be 4 playing, it will only see one as a UU. Based on this, its possible the true play time may be greater than the COD2 or Halo4 numbers.

I think the sale figures for Minecraft are up toward 5 million in sales. That is 1/2 the sales number for COD2's first day. Yet, its still #3 on the most played list. So while they sold more MW2 by far than Minecraft, MC gets played MORE. To play it, you need a controller. Thats where you come in :)

I don't know what you can do different than you are doing. The macro controller works for me. I have it set for duplicating items. I have a macro that holds the trigger in constantly on a TAC until the TAC is pressed again. This makes you constantly mine. For clearing large areas, this saved my trigger finger a lot of fatigue. I made a macro for harvesting and then re-planting wheat (a crop in the game for food). Press the TAC and it harvests and replants the same square.

I will post them once I get them cleaned up and better organized.

Anyway, did I do the first set here correctly? Did you notice anything out of the ordinary or somehting I could do better before I post them to the library?

odingalt

Staff member
I haven't tried these out because I've never played Minecraft.

I have never installed Minecraft because I don't want my wife to divorce me (it looks extremely, extremely addicting).

However from a business perspective it seems like it would be wise to install the game. Maybe I can rope one of my new techs into installing the game. Then he can deal with the consequences of getting addicted and spending days on end glued to the screen building and mining!

Wolfie

Well, if you get one of your techs to install it, be prepaired to pay a lot of sick leave time :) Its really hard to work after you played all night and didn't realize it was morning until your O/L gets up to pee at 5am.