MK-14 Rapid Fire Speed

Scatters

'ello, I just recieved my Ragnaroc a few days ago and I've noticed that my 8-setting mod chip in my other controller (which I installed myself and it was the first time I soldered) shoots the MK with Rapid Fire a lot faster than my Rag can.

I've also seen a whole bunch of people online whose mod shoots faster with the MK, although I haven't seen one where the RSASS (amazing with the Rag) is shot faster, so my question to you fellas is what is your suggested speed for the MK14 with Rapid Fire?

EDIT: Also I was experiancing that Trigger Issue and I had it all working fine when I downloaded 1.1.1 until about 15 minutes ago when it started acting up again, just thought I'd let the devs know.

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Personally I dont use the Ragnarok controller Im a macro user all the way so when someone with a Ragnarok gets on maybe they could shine some light on this. I just thought maybe those would help.

BradT25

7.3-8.0 sps is the most you will get outa ya mod, regardless of what you may see on the screen. As a test you should use both mods, and compare how long it takes both pads to acuire the kill. The no frills mod, i guarantee you will be a longer kill. Whilst it may seem on screen that it is faster, the manufacturar, has not taken into consideration things like, console ram capabilities, connection speed, and a host of other variables. So whilst the rag may seem slower, every bullet is doing damage. Where as the other chip may only register every second or third pull on the potentiometer (right trigger mechanics). I will happily stand corrected if I am wrong, these are my observations.
Cheers

Scatters

I put it to the test by having a private match with the two controllers with their own MK RP, and I pulled the triggers at the same time and by the time the $8 mod was done shooting, the Rag still had 6 shots left in the clip.

EDIT: For the tests the Rag was on 8, 8.1, and 8.2, now 8.2 was the fastest until I cranked it up to 12.2 where I didn't do said test but it defiantly seemed to shoot a lot faster.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I'm pretty sure the MK14 with the rapidfire attachment will go no faster than 8.2 SPS because once you even try and go above that it skips even if it does shoot faster for a second so u will get bad results online. Since I use this gun all the time, when I get some spare time I will try and find the most perfect/fastest/best MK14 speed for the 360 Ragnarok even if it's down to hundredth's of a second, ok? I'm almost positive that the speeds already posted are best but we will see.

Thanks for letting everyone know the trigger issue still wasnt resolved with the beta firmware update. I'll pass it on to odin.

odingalt

Staff member
I put it to the test by having a private match with the two controllers with their own MK RP, and I pulled the triggers at the same time and by the time the $8 mod was done shooting, the Rag still had 6 shots left in the clip.

EDIT: For the tests the Rag was on 8, 8.1, and 8.2, now 8.2 was the fastest until I cranked it up to 12.2 where I didn't do said test but it defiantly seemed to shoot a lot faster.

PROOF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. The only way to test two mods heads-up is to fire both mods on the same console, use video capture software, then line up the two videos side-by-side. It has to be the same console, same internet connection, same computer, and same capture card - the only difference being the controller. The "my mod is faster than yours" war has been going on for years. I've sold our chips to two or three different shops, and it's funny, because people who buy from Shop A swear that theirs is faster than Shop B, and people who buy from Shop B swear that theirs is faster than Shop A.

I'm willing to invest serious time investigating this PROVIDED THAT somebody actually gives me a side-by-side comparison of video capture videos made on the same console and same cap card.

Scatters

PROOF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. The only way to test two mods heads-up is to fire both mods on the same console, use video capture software, then line up the two videos side-by-side. It has to be the same console, same internet connection, same computer, and same capture card - the only difference being the controller. The "my mod is faster than yours" war has been going on for years. I've sold our chips to two or three different shops, and it's funny, because people who buy from Shop A swear that theirs is faster than Shop B, and people who buy from Shop B swear that theirs is faster than Shop A.

I'm willing to invest serious time investigating this PROVIDED THAT somebody actually gives me a side-by-side comparison of video capture videos made on the same console and same cap card.

I mean no offense to you at all, but I could care less if you don't believe me, I did it on my xbox and I seen it with my own eyes. I mean your mod may be faster I just need to right speed for the right gun (thus this topic) but at this moment in time using a MK14 with Rapid Fire at 8.6 (I found that speed to be the best on my connection) with your $200 controller is slower than my $8 modchip I installed myself.

I made this topic looking for help with speeds, not to be slyly mocked and called a liar.

Also, I say I don't care if you believe me because there isn't much you can do about it.. I mean how old is this modchip? I'm sure if there was more you could do to make the mod faster, then you would have hopefully done it.. Like I said, I was just looking for suggestions on speeds.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I mean no offense to you at all, but I could care less if you don't believe me, I did it on my xbox and I seen it with my own eyes. I mean your mod may be faster I just need to right speed for the right gun (thus this topic) but at this moment in time using a MK14 with Rapid Fire at 8.6 (I found that speed to be the best on my connection) with your $200 controller is slower than my $8 modchip I installed myself.

I made this topic looking for help with speeds, not to be slyly mocked and called a liar.

Also, I say I don't care if you believe me because there isn't much you can do about it.. I mean how old is this modchip? I'm sure if there was more you could do to make the mod faster, then you would have hopefully done it.. Like I said, I was just looking for suggestions on speeds.

That's always been my default response (the whole proof or it didn't happen saying). I'm sorry that sounded the way it did, I could have been more helpful in tuning in the speeds on the Ragnarok software!