nba 2k11

LoveKillzSlowly

He means for shots+free throws, some player's attributes are better than others but I think there's a sweet spot that ALL players can use no matter how low/high their attributes are, so this can work.

corey64

what i mean is u can shoot with the x button or use the right shot stick more shots go in useing the shot stick but i like to shoot wit the x button theres three diffrent shoots when you shoot early release perfect and late release i was wondering if there was a way to edit a marco that would give u that perfect shot release everytime with the x button or edit shot stick to get a perfect release shouldnt be to hard a lil off the subject this is the only basketball game this year the highest rated basketball game of all time 9.5 a great game so hope to see macros from the vinking team and others great bizness move as well makeing macros for other games when a person hear about a modded controller they think fps but wit this controller u open up a whole new gameing world i just think to much time is being spent on call of duty great game dont get me wrong brought a jtag because of this game but this controller can do more then just shoot em up games

Galen

try using the recording function and with trial and error you may be able to make this macro yourself pretty easily.. i dont know exactly what you have to do though since i havent played the game

odingalt

Staff member
I definitely rely on customers to help out making macros. We don't have the resources to go out and buy 100 different games and make macros for all of them :-(.

PlayTooWin

Oh man, I wish I had this controller or was sponsor by you guys because I could upload some macros for this game. I've master NBA 2K11 lol. My old account "Pass The Sticks" online record is like 115-34. But on my new account I just created "PlayTooWin" i'm 10-0 and plan on staying undefeated. Hopefully NBA 2K11 will have an Xbox 360 tournament after the one for PS3. If so I'll definitely represent you guys. I just heard about this website yesterday and I saw the tutorial videos and I must say you guys are the best at modding controllers and I don't even own one lol.

So i looked into free throws last night, and since every player has a different shot style, most of them have different timings. Most of them seem between the .6 and .9 second marks, but to get the perfect shot some of them have to be accurate to the 0.05. I mapped out all of the Lakers , and Artest was the longest at 1.4 seconds. I tried some other random players, and stopped when I hit Shaq because my longest shot was still too late for him to even come close to scoring a basket.
So in reality we could make a list of players and associate macros to them, but it seems like a lot of work for free throws.

fathersin

Something I'd like to see for this game is a 100% all the time turbo by pressing the right trigger you are essentially causing your player to go from 70% speed to 100% of his max speed. Something that I know would work well for this game would be something that kept right trigger pressed all the time so all your passes shots and movements were in TURBO. So possible assign on/off too right tac 1 turn on when you need some serious output from your squad turn off if your players start getting too fatigued or your way ahead.

That said all offensive combos could be made into tac switch macros for ease of use.

Alley-oop left trigger + A
Pick and Pop left trigger + B
Hopstep Spin right trigger + Y (with ball in hand)
Tip In right trigger + Y (while jumping for rebound)
Putback Dunk or Layup right trigger + Y

NYjetsNY1

Pyroman515 said:
So i looked into free throws last night, and since every player has a different shot style, most of them have different timings. Most of them seem between the .6 and .9 second marks, but to get the perfect shot some of them have to be accurate to the 0.05. I mapped out all of the Lakers , and Artest was the longest at 1.4 seconds. I tried some other random players, and stopped when I hit Shaq because my longest shot was still too late for him to even come close to scoring a basket.
So in reality we could make a list of players and associate macros to them, but it seems like a lot of work for free throws.

I don't have the game, but if you could make macros for it, any at all, that would be extremely helpful. I know how good your fighting game macros are.

NYjetsNY1

Just picked up a copy off ebay, will be here in a week. I will need a little time to get used to the game, then when I get my bearings I'll be able to help more. Pyroman, if you can help in any way that would be a ton of help, thank you.

NYjetsNY1 said:
I don't have the game, but if you could make macros for it, any at all, that would be extremely helpful. I know how good your fighting game macros are.

Thanks, I really don't know what would be very applicable in this game though. The only reason I have it is because one of my roomates bought it. I can't wrap my head around any real in game strategy, probably because the last time I watched basketball was the Lakers - Celtics finals. If anyone has any ideas I'd definitely look into it.

NYjetsNY1

Is there anything WORTH making, as in you know free throws for example. Are they worth the effort? Anything you can think of that would be good?

jpearl81

Macros for perfect release on jump shots would be the most helpful. Kobe's release is different than Lebron's just like in real life. Each player that you would want a macro for would have to be done individually. Also the timing for each jump so changes just a little bit when you go online to play team up or any other online mode so that has to be taken in account also. I have 2k so i can help when i get my macro controller on tuesday and i learn how to make them

NYjetsNY1 said:
Is there anything WORTH making, as in you know free throws for example. Are they worth the effort? Anything you can think of that would be good?

Well, free throws aren't hard to make. A little trial and error, and it helps that they put in a Free Throw section on practice mode, so if someone needs to hit every free throw I'm sure they can handle that by themselves. I'm not sure how well other in game shots would work, it seems as though there are to many free variables. Maybe deep 3 point shots with the good 3 point shooters? Then at least you won't have to worry about a defender, or the direction the player is facing, but they would be the same type of macros as the free throws, simple one button timing.

jpearl81

NYjetsNY1 said:
Deep 3 point shots with the good 3 point shooters sounds good + free throws.

The depth of the shot doesn't matter unless its out to say 30 feet. From that point in the form of the jumper is the same all the way up to lay-up animation. The macro can be made just inside the 3pt line, or right on it, or a few steps behind it they are all gonna be the same. Its the timing that you have to get right. If you goto pratice in the my player mode its shows whats a perfect release,

NYjetsNY1

jpearl81 said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Deep 3 point shots with the good 3 point shooters sounds good + free throws.

The depth of the shot doesn't matter unless its out to say 30 feet. From that point in the form of the jumper is the same all the way up to lay-up animation. The macro can be made just inside the 3pt line, or right on it, or a few steps behind it they are all gonna be the same. Its the timing that you have to get right. If you goto pratice in the my player mode its shows whats a perfect release,

Alright well I can work on free throws I guess, you guys can focus on the harder stuff as I have never played NBA 2k11 so you guys will have easier times with everything especially Pyro, he is a great macro maker (for fighting games at least).