New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Hey Im looking for an answer from nyjets or odingalt. I'm interested in buying another macro before they get sold out. (Sold my last one. Stupidest idea ever). I know you guys said that you wouldn't be dropping the price, but will you be offering any holiday specials since somewhere I saw odin said he wanted to save some macros for the holiday rush. If not, when will the controller prices go up, because I want to make sure I grab one before then.

Xx Binno xX

Hey Im looking for an answer from nyjets or odingalt. I'm interested in buying another macro before they get sold out. (Sold my last one. Stupidest idea ever). I know you guys said that you wouldn't be dropping the price, but will you be offering any holiday specials since somewhere I saw odin said he wanted to save some macros for the holiday rush. If not, when will the controller prices go up, because I want to make sure I grab one before then.

They will say this. Buy the controller now because of the price increase they don't no how the controllers sell but they are selling fast so the faster they sell the higher the prices get. So if you want another then buy it now so you don't risk the price rising, it could rise any time sense there are not a lot left, the less macro controllers left the higher the price. EX: If they sell 10 black macro's tomorrow and there is 1 left then the price will rise a lot. So buy sooner then later.

I agree with XxBinnoxX. I bought a black controller around the middle of July for like $169. I just checked and they're up to $199 now. Buy early and often if you can (lol).

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah I preordered mine last year around this time it was the same price. about how much was standard shipping 15 bucks?

LEGIT x L00N3Y

Macro controller pricing; Viking's next controller?

Okay so is/are Viking ever going to sell the thors hammer or odins raven controllers again I don't know If this is a question that people ask I just like jitter.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ok.....well the macro controller offers all this and more....so personally i dont think you would want to downgrade to one of these....and from what im hearing about the macro controller its no longer going to be able to be made....because the board required to make it is a CG2 and the board that microsoft produces now is the Matrix 2 board...and its been awhile since i have talked about the odins ravens and thors hammers....but i think those require CG2 board as well and was also produced using the CG1 board...and nether of these boards are in production anymore....so i dont think so.

they are selling fast so the faster they sell the higher the prices get. So if you want another then buy it now so you don't risk the price rising, it could rise any time sense there are not a lot left, the less macro controllers left the higher the price. EX: If they sell 10 black macro's tomorrow and there is 1 left then the price will rise a lot. So buy sooner then later.

See this i dont understand this, I own a landscaping business, when we are low on tress etc, we don't jack the price up. Why would you jack up the price when your running low on a item, i never heard of this lol.

Krier023

Useful Poster
They are not just running low. The controller(cg2) is already discontinued and are becoming hard to find. The macro isn't becoming low, it is becoming extinct for the lack of better words.

I am sort of concerned that you have never heard of the law of Supply and Demand and you own your own business (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand).

Look at it this way. Say there are 5 landscapers in your town. Lots of supply, lots of demand prices are stable, now imagine that 3 of them go out of business. Two landscapers left in town and still LOTS of demand. Now you and the other company can raise your prices, because if you keep your prices low then you are naturally going to have more business than you can support. If you raise the prices then you can keep your workload back work log manageable and still make a profit.

See this i dont understand this, I own a landscaping business, when we are low on tress etc, we don't jack the price up. Why would you jack up the price when your running low on a item, i never heard of this lol.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Questions before I purchase

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section in the forums to put this but it was the only one that made the most sense. I go back to college in a few weeks and once I get some money saved up from work I'm going to end up buying either the Viking Macro controller or the RapidFire Tyr's Hand. I'm not exactly sure which I would like to buy. I'm not really looking to make macros and like copy moves to assign to buttons. I'm mainly looking for rapidfire, faster reloads, jitter, quickscope, dropshot etc. Can each controller do those types of things? The videos posted didn't exactly help me out completely.

For the RapidFire controllers you sell that are cheaper, can you only assign rapidfire or other things to the triggers or to button slots as well? I know the rapidfire ones don't have the 6 extra buttons to assign things to. I saw that there are a lot of different modes for the rapidfire controllers and even a custom programmable mode. Do the macro controllers have a programmable mode too or do you have to program it first from your laptop? Can you switch do different modes in game with the macro controllers just as u can with the rapidfire?

I'm basically asking what types of things can't I do with the rapidfire controllers that i could if I had a macro. I also am looking to use the controller for some of the upcoming games liek gears of war 3, modern warfare 3 and battlefield 3. Are the macro controllers updated more often with new macros for games than the standard rapidfire controllers?

I'm really sorry for asking so much. I just want to make the right investment and if this is in the wrong section I apologize once again and if it has to be moved then that's obviously ok lol. I hope at least some of my questions can be answered. Thank you in advance for your help!

EDIT: I forgot to ask, the rapidfire controllers that are sold for the $99, are those Tyr's Hand? Because i saw that the software supports Thor's Hand and Odin's Raven ones as well but I assume those are just older models that used to be sold. Thanks again!

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Q: I'm not really looking to make macros and like copy moves to assign to buttons. I'm mainly looking for rapidfire, faster reloads, jitter, quickscope, dropshot etc. Can each controller do those types of things? The videos posted didn't exactly help me out completely.

A: In the fall of 2011, we are coming out with a new xbox 360 controller with rapid-fire, fast reloads, jitter, quickscope, and dropshot. It'll be fully customizable (LEDs, shells, etc). It will be cheaper than the macro controller. This sounds like it'll be exactly what you want!

Q: For the RapidFire controllers you sell that are cheaper, can you only assign rapidfire or other things to the triggers or to button slots as well? I know the rapidfire ones don't have the 6 extra buttons to assign things to. I saw that there are a lot of different modes for the rapidfire controllers and even a custom programmable mode. Do the macro controllers have a programmable mode too or do you have to program it first from your laptop? Can you switch do different modes in game with the macro controllers just as u can with the rapidfire?

A: We are currently only selling Tyr's hand and macro controllers. The Tyr's hand is our rapid-fire controller, all it can do is LT or RT rapid-fire. You can custom tune your own speed though, but it can only be used on RT. There is, I believe, an akimbo mode as well. You can have several "modes" of rapid-fire for different games.

The macro controllers have "pages" instead of modes. You can have up to 16 at one time on one set. Each page can have different rapid-fires, tac switch mods, jitters, dropshots, etc, on it. I have page 1-6 for black ops, 7-10 for MW2, 11-16 for Madden, Oblivion, etc. Page one has fast rapid-fire and dropshots, page 2 has slow rapid-fire and drop shots, etc. Each page has a different color set by you to tell what page you are on.

Q: I'm basically asking what types of things can't I do with the rapidfire controllers that i could if I had a macro. I also am looking to use the controller for some of the upcoming games liek gears of war 3, modern warfare 3 and battlefield 3. Are the macro controllers updated more often with new macros for games than the standard rapidfire controllers?

A: The macro controller can do anything you can think of! You can even record yourself in-game running around the map, then the macro controller can replay you doing that (with some errors as you spawn in different places, etc, but just as an example). This controller is for ANY game. ANY. Madden, COD, Halo, Banjo Kazooie, you name it! SSF4, etc, etc.

The rapid-fire controller can ONLY do rapid-fire. It'll work on any shooter.

The macro controller as well as the rapid-fire controller, you can dial in your own rapid-fire speeds so that if there is a patch or a new game, you can have a new rapid-fire instantly! For the macro controller, I will specifically test out rapid-fire on COD to find the fastest speed.

So basically, if there is a new game or patch, you'll be covered. Your controller will always be able to find the best rapid-fire for the game (with some testing by us or even users. A lot of viking360 users will post what speed they think is the best, then you just dial it in on the software for either controller. The software are different, but if you have issues figuring out how to change rapid-fire speed, just ask! I can assist or show you how.)

Q: I'm really sorry for asking so much. I just want to make the right investment and if this is in the wrong section I apologize once again and if it has to be moved then that's obviously ok lol. I hope at least some of my questions can be answered. Thank you in advance for your help!

A: No problem at all. Any more questions ask!

Q: EDIT: I forgot to ask, the rapidfire controllers that are sold for the $99, are those Tyr's Hand? Because i saw that the software supports Thor's Hand and Odin's Raven ones as well but I assume those are just older models that used to be sold. Thanks again!

A: Yes. As of august of 2011. Subject to change in the future.

NYjetsNY1

Here is how it is.

The macro controllers are actually selling out very quickly, quicker than we could have expected! They are also discontinued for now, until we can get it to work on newer chips and there is demand for them.

Right now Odin's raven > Macro controller to the public. They want more of that. So we are making new 360 controllers and selling out of the current.

As we lose macro controllers, we are increasing the price. They are still selling! So buy one, the sooner the better.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all of that. I know it was a lot but you really helped me. By the time I save up when I get back to college you'll probably have the new ones out that you said sounds exactly like what i want. I'll definitely buy one of those and possibly the macro as well since I liked certain features of each (especially the 6 tac switches) although I'm really not lookin to record any moves or anything like I said.

Will the new ones that you'll be selling be on the main site under the modded controllers tab at the top? I just wanna make sure I get one ASAP when they are released cuz I know you guys sometimes only have a limited supply. I'll be busy a lot this fall with work and school but I'll make sure I keep checking in.

I just downloaded and installed both software packages since I know I am definitely buying one or the other. I'll make sure I keep them updated too. The software seems easy enough to use.

Few last questions I thought of (I'm really sorry to be a pain in the *** lol), what exactly does the controller come with? What type of cable does it come with to connect to your laptop or do I have to use my own play and charge cable or something of that nature? I also really only use battery packs for my controllers, do the macros use battery packs or standard batteries. Just wondering because I also have rechargeable batteries I would use that are AA and AAA.

Thank you so much again. You're the man! You definitely will have me as a customer =)

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

We are actually creating similar xbox 360 controllers to the odin's raven, and thor's hammer. We have some new names in mind as well. Classified information on the names :p .

At any rate, the macro controller is the best controller on the planet, yes. So if you want it all, get that.

If you are just looking for an odin's raven/thor's hammer, wait until Fall of 2011 and we will have similar controllers to those. They are going to be 100% customizable (LEDs, Shells, etc).

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Just to clarify, right now you guys are tryin to finish selling the macro controllers and once you do you'll be selling new Odin's Raven controllers, (or ones that are very similar to it at least) making the macros discontinued for now? Do you think you'll have macros still in stock say in september or early october? As I talked with you before NYjetsNY1, I might want to buy a macro and one of the others in the fall you told me of. I know it's hard to judge but I was just curious cuz I just don't have the money right now or I would've gotten one already lol.