New Macro owner with some problems.

bobdanoob

Okay, so my controller came in yesterday. Went into the Software made a simple one paged .vks with LT to have sniper breath hold, RT to have a simple rapid fire I got from the library, with a toggle on RT1. and I had an akimbo spray on a LT2. Sent it over to the controller, went into MW3 and tested it out. Okay so I turn the toggle on and no rapid fire. Tested the LT sniper breath .vkm and it worked. So did the akimbo. Flashed it again with just a rapid fire .vkm on the RT no toggle and that actually worked. Tried the toggle again it didn't work. I downloaded the MW2 Standard set.vks and page one has a toggle for both sniper breath and rapid fire, breath toggle worked, but rapid fire didn't.

Then I found the TESTER.vks posted in another thread on here and tested it out. Red page, Rapid fire worked. Green didn't work. Blue page, toggle did nothing/no rapid fire. Yellow toggle did nothing/no rapid fire. Purple page, LT2 did rapid fire. Second time around, Red didn't work. Only one that did was the Purple LT2 rapid fire. Pulled battery and tested again and same stuff going on. The same exact thing this guy is going through.

Okay, now a question. I tested out the Record/Playback feature. Okay so I did a few tests and the one I finally ended up doing was standing near a wall and shooting a shape into the wall. Like a square, triangle, ect with the bullets. Lets say I record a shooting a squares four corners, then play it back. It doesn't make ANYWHERE near the same thing I recorded. Play it back again and it like it shoots the same place twice, twitches a lil bit, then shoots two more random spots. No where near a square shape at all. Is this to be expected? Is this a deadzone problem?

So in the the thread where I found the TESTER.vks I noticed you told the guy to submit a support ticket to get it replaced. I'm going to get one of those started, but I'm looking forward to seeing if you have anything else I can try. Thanks for the help guys.

-Bob

NYjetsNY1

Yeah, make a support ticket. Sounds like the circuit board is no good (another problem with microsoft unfortunately).

odingalt

Staff member
Are you using the software from the website and not from the cd-rom? If so, let me know and I can give you an experimental firmware to try. If not, try updating your software as the cd-rom has a very old buggy version of software on it. Don't use any macros you made using the cd-rom software as those macros would be corrupted.

On the joysticks, they are only accurate enough for combo moves. Not replicating movement around the map. This sounds normal.

bobdanoob

I'm using the software from the website. I downloaded it to play with it before the controller came. I'm more than happy to try the experimental firmware to see if that helps.

NYjetsNY1

I'm stumped. I've never heard of rapidfire working without toggle, and not working with toggle. Seriously. lol I'm anxious to actually see this one for myself. Can you work with the staff to get a return so we can give it repairs at the shop?

http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

Erm, I actually have! This is (to my knowledge) simply a problem with the CG2 Microsoft Circuit board. I could be wrong, but this problem seems like the rest of the ones that use my tester.vks.

odingalt

Staff member
I searched the macro library for tester.vks. Not coming up with any hits. Where do I download it?

NYjetsNY1

To odingalt:

Make sure you have fresh, new AA batteries. Read below, and if something doesn't work, tell me.

Press RT1 to change pages.

Page 1 - RED.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 2 - GREEN.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 3 - BLUE.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - blue color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 4 - YELLOW.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - yellow color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 5 - PINK/PURPLE

HOLD LT2 to rapid-fire. No RT on this page.

Let me know what works, what doesn't so I can go from there.

Attachments

• TESTER(1).vks
    26.6 KB · Views: 5

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Are you using the software from the website and not from the cd-rom? If so, let me know and I can give you an experimental firmware to try. If not, try updating your software as the cd-rom has a very old buggy version of software on it. Don't use any macros you made using the cd-rom software as those macros would be corrupted.

On the joysticks, they are only accurate enough for combo moves. Not replicating movement around the map. This sounds normal.
I am willing to test out your new firmware, would it spoil the controller though?