New Viking controller RT switch not working. DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

swpmx

My son received a new Viking360 macro controller for Xmas and the RT switch does not function at all. He received it as a gift. What do I need to do to get a service return authorized? Since it was purchased as a gift I did not receive any email or information on service return logins ect.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
My son received a new Viking360 macro controller for Xmas and the RT switch does not function at all. He received it as a gift. What do I need to do to get a service return authorized? Since it was purchased as a gift I did not receive any email or information on service return logins ect.
Whoever ordered it needs to give you the email that they used, Get them to create a support ticket. If the warranty is still active it may be a free repair (don't hold me to that). NYjetsNY1 will probably respond with a test macro set. Make sure you have fresh batteries in the controller, and if that doesn't work then... Well I have no idea haha hope everything works out man. It's a great controller (I own one) it does suck when somethings wrong though :(

swpmx

NYjetsNY1 can you drop me an email? Can't imagine that if his aunt didn't save the email that I couldn't get this returned and fixed. It hasn't been used at all yet. I can give you the serial number and HW ID which should show when/who purchased the item. Already verified it has latest firmware and fully charged battery. The micro switch just doesnt work at all. All of the other switches work except RT1.

NYjetsNY1

How do I get an account at viking360.com to make support tickets?
Your account will automatically be created when you purchase our products. I have one of your controllers, but I don’t think I have an account.
You can reset your password here. Simply type in the e-mail you used when ordering the controller.

If you forgot your password, we can reset it for you. Your new password will be emailed to the email address you gave us when you purchased your controller.
Put your email address in the form on this page and click “reset password”. You should receive an email containing your new password within a few minutes. If you don’t see it soon, try checking your spam or junk folder. Sometimes automated emails like resetting a password will get flagged as spam by your email provider. If you still need help, please contact our support department.

Just giving some info above ^

Anyways, all of the tac switches work fine, except RT1? So when you assign the same macro - dropshot to RT1, dropshot to RT2, LT3, LT1, etc etc, every tac works fine to dropshot you - but RT1 does not? This issue sounds like user error - unless your RT1 is actually busted.

Can you assign this macro to every tac?

http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/macro-library?macro=276

It should either knife/drop depending on what setup you play on - default or tactical. Assign the macro to every tac. If it works on them all - but not RT1, then there is indeed a problem.

swpmx

Thats correct i can assign the same macro to every other tac and they work fine RT1 does nothing. I can also assign page left and right to every other tac as well as reassign buttons to every other tac but RT1 does nothing. I am still trying to see if his aunt can dig up the email she received when purchasing the controller, so the reset password and other information can be used, but as i stated in orignal post that it was a gift and I have the serial number and her information that should show it was just purchased for Xmas.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi folks, I'm back from vacation. I came down with an infection and spent the last two days on the road or in a hotel sleeping. I'm still worn out but ready to get back to work. I think I remember seeing this customer's ticket come in, so I will go check tickets as well tonight if the shop staff didn't already take care of this ticket this afternoon. Locking this thread as it looks like we've done all we can from the forums.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I was able to get into the ticket system. I answered your ticket and also e-mailed you a USPS return shipping label. The shop staff should be able to crack open the controller and make the repairs in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.