NO PS3 dualshock for PS4???

battlelog

Well this really sucks, Sony confrimed that the PS4 will not support the PS3 Dual Shock controller??? I was thinking of ordering a brand new ragnarok today? Well hopefully Viking will be able to make a Ragnarok for the PS4, since it sounds like the PS4 is going to be the one console to get this year??? Any thoughts from you guys???

Who cares order it, we still have 8 or more months untiil the new consoles come out, I'm sure Odin isn't going to hang up the towel on Viking360 and get a job at bestbuy... Of course we will have modded PS4 controllers and the new Xbox. And I wouldn't rule out Xbox... The direction new consoles have went is basically computer hardware, and Microsoft knows computers better then Sony.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Even with the release of the new console it will be a long time before any of us see a modded controller for the next gen consoles. Companies will be spending so much money in tearing apart these new controllers to see what they can actually do with them. Not to mention we will have to wait for the right titles to come out to use mods on and even then we will have to see what exploits if any are availible to us. The technology put into these new controllers will probley be a modding nightmare to manually mod. I wouldent be supprised if internal mods are done away with all together. I think the new technology will be in external usb mods. Who really knows what the future holds for mods. Im just speculating my opinion on the matter and thats all it is, a opinion.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Depends where u live. I live in Oregon close to the boarder or Washington. So when i order something I go with the cheepest mailing availible. It typically takes me about 3-4 days to recive my product after i order it off my computer. If i were to order something today I would probley recive it on Monday. The order would probley be recived today thursday then shipped out on friday. Usps delivers on saterdays and it would probley make it all the way to Salem by then. On Monday it would be put out in route and I would recive it sometime that day.

odingalt

Staff member
Even with the release of the new console it will be a long time before any of us see a modded controller for the next gen consoles. Companies will be spending so much money in tearing apart these new controllers to see what they can actually do with them. Not to mention we will have to wait for the right titles to come out to use mods on and even then we will have to see what exploits if any are availible to us. The technology put into these new controllers will probley be a modding nightmare to manually mod. I wouldent be supprised if internal mods are done away with all together. I think the new technology will be in external usb mods. Who really knows what the future holds for mods. Im just speculating my opinion on the matter and thats all it is, a opinion.

On Sony's side, I'm not exactly sure of their motivation for not allowing older controllers to connect. It may be something similar to what XBOX is doing, sorry to compare it to XBOX but here goes:

On XBOX, they want total control over third-party accessories. They sued Datel over memory sticks, then turned around and sued Datel over their unlicensed controllers. In the case of the unlicensed controller, Datel hacked Microsoft's authentication protocol required to connect a controller to the XBOX360 console. Once it's hacked, there's no unhacking. In order to close this loophole on XBOX "720" Microsoft has to disable all previous controllers from XBOX 360 from working on the new console. Essentially they will be coming out with a new "Secure" protocol for locking down their console in terms of allowing third parties to connect accessories.

Apple does the same thing - they even put encryption authentication chips into their fricking charging cables to force you to pay $30 for a charger cable that should only cost you $2.99.

So it's possible Sony has similar reasoning of wanting to cut down on third party accessories. Another possible motivation is that the only way to get users to try the "ps move" is to integrate it with the controller and "force" you to use it. Also the touchpad in my opinion is stupid but again, the only way to make you try it is to put it on all their controllers. I suspect that later down the line about a year after release, Sony will probably release an official dual shock controller without the touch pad. Look at Wii U - they released the Pro controller because they realized that not everybody is in love with a big giant screen on their gamepad...

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

That makes a lot of sence odin to me odin. I had no idea about the lawsuites involed like Datel for ex. I think your right with sony making another dual shock controller like the PS3 versions that is cripted for the PS4. I dont think everyone will buy into the whole touch screen motion sensor controller and the core gammers will want a more simmaler controller like the old PS3 controller. Im sure sony will see this and produce it for the consumers.

Last edited:
Im really not happy with the whole cramming this new motion gaming down our throats... I don't EVER want to play a game that I am the controler.

modded matt

did you guys watch the announcement? I saw nothing that microsoft has not already done with the current xbox 360. can anyone name one? Other than game titles?