Odingalt's opening message on PS3 product development

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
Hello gaming fans and loyal Viking Forums members!

I would like to work on a PS3 modded controller and I hope to be able to start this work in January 2011. I want to develop something that is more cost effective than the current "The Viking" XBOX 360 macro controller. But I also don't want to remove so many features that our new PS3 mod doesn't stand out above all other PS3 controllers. We want to be the #1 PS3 controller mod on the market - but we want more people to be able to afford this controller than our XBOX 360 macro controller.

I've had a few private conversations with some people in the forums and have realized that I'm not very creative! Most, if not all, of the awesome features in the Viking XBOX 360 Macro controller (including the creation of the macro controller itself) came from ideas that came from our customers! So this time around, we are going to try to pay more attention to product development before and during the development.

We can't promise that we'll implement everything that you ask for - the PS3 controller's hardware is very different than the XBOX 360 controller's hardware - but we'd love to hear your ideas! After we crack open this PS3 controller and start to dig into the details, we may even find out it's possible to do even MORE with the PS3 controller than we could with the XBOX 360 controller.

Jump in and stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.