[OFFICIAL] VIKING360 UNBOXING VIDEOS & REVIEWS

NYjetsNY1

SHORT UNBOXING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJnvHt-USbM

TEXT REVIEW: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2864

GOOD REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEHFaQM6H6E

MULTIPLE FEATURES, LONG VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8swgvJ-Rxc

Another review:

s1wheel4 said:
I can actually share some experience with both controllers...or in fact, a lot of modded controllers. I just bought a Viking and I'm really more excitd about the possibilities currently with the Viking than any other controller I've ever had. I just hope it's not a pipe dream and we continue to get updates to software and firmware so that the Viking will continue to grow as our games continue to evolve.

I guess I should give a little background here before I ramble on too much and get everyone confused. I've had all kinds of modded controllers in the past. Some were mod kits that I installed myself and some I bought the whole controller with the mod already installed. I've even had that Intenseafire mod preinstalled in a contoller (which never really worked right for me) and mod kits I bought from people over seas. I'm not here to bash any one...I think all have their place; although, I would say the Viking is the only one with the "possibility" to be the one controller to fit all niches.

On to my story...

I've had 3 XMOD controllers. One that I bought last year (I considered this to be one of my best rapid fire controllers) and 2 that I bought from them recently. The most recent XMOD contoller I bought had their 20 mode rapid fire, mode switch, jump/drop shot capabilities...all the bells and whistles and add-on mods. The XMOD is a very good controller and I do like it a lot, but the only draw backs that I can say with the XMOD is that it's difficult to figure out which mode, submode, and feature set is actually activated because not all modes work with every game. The XMOD and other complex modded controllers can even work differently depending on which part of the game is being played. This makes it very, very difficult to realize what's going on with the conroller. Even with the LED indicators, it's difficult to tell what's happening especially with the submodes and feature sets because it's always the same color. The XMOD controller can be a little "squirrely" at times where it seems to get stuck in a mode, but it has only happened a couple of times. It might have even been operator error. I can say all the macros/moves are great quality. The Jitter, Rapid Fire, Akimbo, and Drop...hell, all of them are great. They do exactly what they are supposed to without question (when in the right mode) and without any problems or funky after effects. I especially like the Jitter modes on the XMOD. I would most definitely consider purchasing with them again if the need arises. With the Viking, these issues that I described above are not a problem.

I can honestly say that the Viking controller can do pretty much everything that any modded controller I've ever had can do. At least, that's my experience with it at this point in time. I really haven't seen anything the Viking can't quite do yet...or at least, doesn't have the potential to do. There's not much customization you can do with the other modded controllers except for maybe a different rapid fire speed. Also, the other modded controllers I'ved had/seen do not have all the special macros that the Viking community has come up with. Try finding an auto hold sniper breath or a super turbo knife with another modded controller...it doesn't exist.

The Viking adds so much more functionality and customization that it's not even in the same class as anything else I've ever seen. You can customize almost every button on the Viking; even down to changing the LEDs to luminated different colors depending on the macro/move used which is just insane. I can even pretty much replicate the shift function or at least get it where it works about the same way...it's not exact, but good enough for me. Hopefully future software/firmware updates will include this functionality with the Viking. I can see a slight use for "true" shift functionality, but you can get around it.

With other mod chips or modded controllers you're basically stuck with the same set of moves or macros time after time...if XBL or the game manufacturer ever patches or blocks them then your stuck with them...working or not. I will say that there's a lot of work and trial & error involved here with the Viking. I will continue to test and refine the macros to find what works best for me. I have some work to do with the macros that I've chosen to figure out what works best for my style and my particular choice of weapons/attachments, but honestly what other controller can you say all this about?

Although it might sound like it here, I'm not one of those fanboys who jumps behind a company or product and thinks it can do no wrong. If it sucks, I'll tell you and every one else, but my experience has been more than positive with the Viking controller. Yes, it is expensive, but far worth the investmestment. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on mods and modded controllers...and I stil wasn't happy with them. I've spent far more than the price of one of these Vikings several times over. I just wish this thing was out a couple of years ago. I can mod my own controllers...I can add extra buttons, mod chips, paint, shells, different joysticks and all that kind of stuff...I'm good at electronics and professionally trained. What I can't do is replicate what this Viking can do and that amazes me.

The more I work with the Viking, the more I'll find out it's limitations and if it will be my final modded controller. If I can make an suggestion here: if the bottom tac switches are a big deal you can always just add in extra pages of macros where you only have a few programmed and you can easily change them out with the top tac switches. Most of my bottom tac switches are the same macro on every page, so I will always know what's selected in my line up. I even have a page with no macros except the page forward/back commands to set it in the lineup and make the page selectable. If something isn't working right I just go to the non-macro page and can still play as regular until I can sort things out. The tac switches do take some time to get used to and I just keep my finger over the one I'm using the most at the moment. I doubt I could be as fast with the tac switches as I am with the regular X,Y,A,B controller buttons, but hovering over them helps speed up with the selection. I have the LEDs for each page in different colors so I know which page I'm on. BTW, XMOD has the tac buttons for their big all inclusive mod. A few of my other controllers have these also so I think this is what everyone is just about going to if you what extra buttons.

This is just my $0.02. I'm by no means a professional here at anything; nor am I bashing any controller, company, or individual. I have spent a ton of money on modded controllers over the past couple of years and I hope this comparison is useful to someone. If this post offends any one what so ever...my applogies in advance and please disregard my statements as personal opinon which is subjective to my own interpretations.

On a side note, I want to send a positive word out to the people who have created and posted macros in the library. They have not only helped me understand how to write my own macros, but they helped me understand how the Viking works and you helped me make the most out of controller in a very short amount of time that I've had it. You guys are truely awesome! Keep them coming! I cannot wait for the new software and firmware to come out to see what else this adds. Any way a bribe with coupus amounts of alcohol will help? Well, on second thought...maybe not the best thing to do do when writting code.

Hit me up on XBL: gamertag: Death1Roll

Mythrandor said:
So I got my new Silver Viking 360 yesterday after work. All in all it's freakin sweet!

Looks:
Very professionally put together. I was concerned that the Tac Switches would be flimsy, but that is not the case at all. The controller looks great and is very sturdy. There were a couple of MINOR scratches on the bottom black thing and the "B" button (I have OCD so I notice these things), but this is nothing that would not have happened the first time I put it in my drawer with my headset and cables.
Grade: A

Functionality:
This thing is freakin sweet. I had a blast playing with it last night. My only complaint is that I have so many options!!! It's a good thing that I have 16 pages to play with. Now I just have to figure out how to best organize my pages for different games. I am thinking about shades of Gold-Yellow for COD Games, Reds for Homefront, Purple for Halo Reach etc... gotta figure this one out though.

Software:
Well my only complaint on the software has been addressed with a new update to the firmware. I could not get the recorded macro to play back. Cant wait to get home from work and update the firmware so this is fixed. Other than that the software was easy to install and easy to set up new macros. I wish that we could copy a "page" from one set and paste it to another (i.e. add someones MW2 page to my Master Games Set with COD, HF and Halo on it instead of having to build each page from scratch)
Grade: B+

Macro Database:
All in all it is very good, but it seems like it is the same few people that do all of the Macros. Hopefully with the sale price more people submit Macros to the database. I know I will once I figure out how to make some GOOD ones (I am currently working on the timing for a Tac button that chucks two grenades in rapid succession). All in all though what is up now is very easy to find what you are looking for, just needs a little more community involvement.
Grade: B

Overall:
Overall I think this was definitely worth the price. When I see other companies that are having a sale for $109 for just a rapid fire controller, I think... holy crap people are dumb. I definitely think that this controller is worth the extra money with the number of features that you can do with it. As new games come out with new max shots per second, it is easy to make a new quick macro and be ready to rock and role without having to go out and buy a new controller specifically for that one game. Now if I can just figure out how to make a Fast Reload Macro for my M16 in Homefront I will be all set lol