Pairing my controller with the PS3

cjotto76

How come everytime I use my controller, I first have to re-sync it with my PS3? If I dont re-sync, most of the buttons wont respond and I have to shut down my PS3. Any ideas or is this normal.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
This is not normal, but it happens on occaision for me. Try hiting the little reset button on the back with a pen, that fixes it for me. I've had this happen about 5 times in about 8 months.

odingalt

Staff member
Questions, how long ago did you buy? Do you have a USB-programmable or a basic (non-USB-programmable)? Just wondering if there is a pattern here.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No, the reset button I'm talking about is only attatched to the Sony stuff in the controller. It does not affect the viking chip that was added to the controller.

cjotto76

So I tried the reset button. Still no luck. Not all the time anyway. It seems that if I keep any mods on when I power off the controller and system, it doesn't remain paired with my PS3.

Satanicat

I have a similar issue (easily fixed though). Sometimes when I turn my controller on, only the analog sticks function, the d-pad and Cross, Circle, Triangle and Square don't respond, but one press of the TacSwitch and everything is normal. Very minor and mostly negligible.

cjotto76

Which Tacswitch? I constantly have to shut down and retry. But everything you said happens to me.
I have a similar issue (easily fixed though). Sometimes when I turn my controller on, only the analog sticks function, the d-pad and Cross, Circle, Triangle and Square don't respond, but one press of the TacSwitch and everything is normal. Very minor and mostly negligible.