Please help

liamrocks816

I just opened up my viking, and installed the program or w.e its called, but qwhen i try to connect to my pc, the computer says it doesnt recognize it, and when i take the bateries out to get out of modding mode or w.e, then press the guide button, the leds dont like up, please help.

odingalt

Staff member
Check out the tutorial video on connecting the viking macro controller to your PC:

http://viking360.com/support/video-tutorials

If your controller does not behave like in the video, there may be a problem.

(Are you on a Windows PC, and not a mac or linux computer that is running a windows emulator?)

liamrocks816

I got help from M1A1xVIKINGxFTW, but he helped me a lot, and we didn't know what was going on, i tried the video, still isnt working.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

liamrocks816 said:
I got help from M1A1xVIKINGxFTW, but he helped me a lot, and we didn't know what was going on, i tried the video, still isnt working.
yea...i think he is having some major problems....however i dont think its hardware(**THINK**)

liamrocks816

This is everything that happened.

I took the controller out of the box, turned it on, pressed the tac buttons a lot cause I thought they were cool.

Then I went to download The Viking Software, while I was waiting, I downloaded the FIRMWAREUPDATER2.EXE and FIRMWARE UPDATE 0.8.4.1B.

I plugged in my controller, it had worked that time, then updated it with one of the tutorial videos on your youtube channel.

I clicked program/verify, then reset device.

After that, it all started happening.

When I pressed the guide button to go play my xbox, none of the leds on the controller lighted up, but still the xbox turned the led on for player one, I could move and do the same stuff, but the leds didnt show up.

Then when I'm playing, i pressed the start button to leave the game, and then the P1, P4 leds lighted up, for modding mode or w.e you call it.

Then I went and contacted M1A1xVIKINGxFTW, he told me to try connecting the controller to the pc with no batteries, didn't work.

We tried a bunch of more things, and at the end we couldn't figure it out, he then suggested giving you a pm, which I did yesterday.

So hopefully we can figure this out. :(

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

liamrocks816 said:
This is everything that happened.

I took the controller out of the box, turned it on, pressed the tac buttons a lot cause I thought they were cool.

Then I went to download The Viking Software, while I was waiting, I downloaded the FIRMWAREUPDATER2.EXE and FIRMWARE UPDATE 0.8.4.1B.

I plugged in my controller, it had worked that time, then updated it with one of the tutorial videos on your youtube channel.

I clicked program/verify, then reset device.

After that, it all started happening.

When I pressed the guide button to go play my xbox, none of the leds on the controller lighted up, but still the xbox turned the led on for player one, I could move and do the same stuff, but the leds didnt show up.

Then when I'm playing, i pressed the start button to leave the game, and then the P1, P4 leds lighted up, for modding mode or w.e you call it.

Then I went and contacted M1A1xVIKINGxFTW, he told me to try connecting the controller to the pc with no batteries, didn't work.

We tried a bunch of more things, and at the end we couldn't figure it out, he then suggested giving you a pm, which I did yesterday.

So hopefully we can figure this out. :(
maybe open a support ticket in the OSticket system on the viking360 website?

Doc

If you try connecting with no batteries make sure you hold the start button on the controller before plugging in the controller until after its plugged in. As for the other problems my guess is the controller batteries need to be charged. I have similar problems when my batteries don't have enough juice. Hope that helps.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Doc said:
If you try connecting with no batteries make sure you hold the start button on the controller before plugging in the controller until after its plugged in. As for the other problems my guess is the controller batteries need to be charged. I have similar problems when my batteries don't have enough juice. Hope that helps.
trust me none of the things you just stated make a difference.....for him anyways

liamrocks816

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Doc said:
trust me none of the things you just stated make a difference.....for him anyways

exactly , we basically had tried all of those already. still nothin :S

odingalt

Staff member
Remove batteries.
Start holding down the guide button (haven't put the batteries in yet).
Insert the batteries (keep on holding that guide button the whole time).
After the batteries are in, keep holding the guide button another 1-2 seconds.

Does the controller power up like normal, LED's on and modchip functioning?

liamrocks816

No Leds appeared.
The modchip I think is working, because when I press the start button the two white leds come on.
But no LEDS at startup, like a normal controller would do.