Problem: RT Rapid fire fails to run if a RT Toggle is present.

darinseng

Problem: RT Rapid fire fails to run if a RT Toggle is present.
Game Tested: GoW3

I have narrowed the issue down to the simplest I could to eliminate as many possible problems as I could.

Fails:
1. I start with a clean VKS and assign just a single macro to the RT (http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/macro-library?macro=944)
2. I then assign a toggle for RT to Tac RT1
3. Program Controller with FRESH BATTERIES (also tried freshly charged pack)
4. in GOW3 I tap the toggle to turn on the RT rapid fire macro
5. switch to snub nose pistol and pull trigger without releasing = one shot
Works:
1. I start with a clean VKS and assign just a single macro to RT (http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/macro-library?macro=944)
2. Program Controller with FRESH BATTERIES (also tried freshly charged pack)
3. in GOW3 I tap the toggle to turn on the RT rapid fire macro
4. switch to snub nose pistol and pull trigger witout releasing = a fast haze of bullets and clip empties.
In trying to work around the problem I have also tried the following:
In the editor, if I clear the toggle and create a second page and then add a Page Left and Page Right to the top tacs to both the first and second page, RT rapid fire will work until I switch to the second page. At that point when I switch back to the first page the RT rapid fire is once again lost until I pull the battery out and put it back in the controller.​

I have had the controller for about a year now but this is the first time I have tried to use the Toggle or usage of multiple pages. The frustrating part is it may have always not worked properly but until I started using all the functions I was not aware. :(

Note: I have all the current software and firmware available at this time. In fact, I just redownloaded it all again and still no go. In reasearch I seem to be having the same problem as Ashton68 did in the following old post: http://www.vikingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-2659.html?

Your thoughts?

Regards,
Darin

NYjetsNY1

If there is an actual problem with your macro controller, one or more of these pages will not function correctly. If that is the case, open a http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets and we'll get it fixed.

Open the .vks on the viking software.

Export it to your controller.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FRESH NEW BRAND NEW BATTERIES AND YOUR LEDS ARE BRIGHT AND WORKING GREAT.

Switch pages with RT1.
Page 1- Rapid-fire RT is on the RT. Simply hold RT and it will rapid-fire. This is for MW2.
Page 2- Same thing, differently built RT. Test it out. See if it works. For MW2. Hold RT.
Page 3- Toggle With LT1. Hold RT to rapid-fire. For MW2.
Page 4- Toggle with LT1. Different built Rapid-fire. Rapid-fire, make sure the toggle is on and the LED 4 is on. For MW2.
Page 5- Hold LT2 for rapid-fire. Again, MW2.

Please test out all of these pages. Report what pages do not work for you. A non-working page would mean that your rapid-fire doesn't rapidfire.

Report results, thank you.

Attachments

• TESTER(3).vks
    26.6 KB · Views: 1

darinseng

Cycle 1:
Page 1 Rapid Fire = Working on controler power up
Page 2 Rapid Fire = Single shot
Page 3 Rapid Fire w/ Toggle On = Single shot
Page 4 Rapid Fire w/ Toggle On = Single shot
Page 5 Tac Rapid Fire = Working

Cycle 2 (back to page 1):
Page 1 Rapid Fire = Single Shot
Page 2 Rapid Fire = Single shot
Page 3 Rapid Fire w/ Toggle On = Single shot
Page 4 Rapid Fire w/ Toggle On = Single shot
Page 5 Tac Rapid Fire = Working

Power Controller off then back on and the above scenario repeats

Order Confirmati​on #43B003E8F​1A4AED8D83​66D8E7ECC1​8DB (5/11/2011) I am concerned though on how much repair costs are going to be....

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

I know this exact problem. I believe it requires that we have to switch out the microsoft circuit board. That, or the modchip. The fact that Page 1 works at first, then does not on Cycle 2 - is a huge indicator of this.