PS3 Controller

NYjetsNY1

? okay... USB iz on the Macro Controller.. ? its just illogical because you'd want to have every possible great thing on the most expensive Viking rather than putting some features on the less expensive one... you see what im getting at?

It may not seem logical to you, but it is very logical. Price. It is very expensive to code the software for the viking360 macro controller. We also are coming out with a new 360 controller as well that will have better features for cod games. The macro controller is more for every game, not just cod.

DrasticChiorDie1

Banned Users Group
It may not seem logical to you, but it is very logical. Price. It is very expensive to code the software for the viking360 macro controller. We also are coming out with a new 360 controller as well that will have better features for cod games. The macro controller is more for every game, not just cod.
okay.. why not add. those new features... to the macro controllers this is logical and sensible.. to put features on the new controller and NOT on the Macro controller which is more money... is completely illogical... weather u like it or not.. it makes sense to do what is obvious...

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You don't really understand things here... The way it would need to be put on the macro controller involves expensive programming time to work on the macro software. To put it on the PS3 controller involved Odingalt spending a bit of his own time to code it himself... Much faster and cheaper for the business.

odingalt

Staff member
Will that feature be added to the Viking Macro Controller Software Eventually, i herd that u went over the budget of the Macro Software, but eventually.. will you add more features.?

Nope. We will never add anything else to the Viking Macro software, ever. That project is done. You have full flexibility with the six aftermarket tac switches to quickly toggle any kind of rapidfire on and off, or, assign rapidfire to a tac switch for instant access to jitter. There is no need to make any changes to the macro software, as it lets you accomplish anything you want already. The End.

odingalt

Staff member
okay.. why not add. those new features... to the macro controllers this is logical and sensible.. to put features on the new controller and NOT on the Macro controller which is more money... is completely illogical... weather u like it or not.. it makes sense to do what is obvious...

Use one of the six tac switches and assign jitter to it. Then you have instant access to the jitter rapidfire.

NYjetsNY1

Nope. We will never add anything else to the Viking Macro software, ever. That project is done. You have full flexibility with the six aftermarket tac switches to quickly toggle any kind of rapidfire on and off, or, assign rapidfire to a tac switch for instant access to jitter. There is no need to make any changes to the macro software, as it lets you accomplish anything you want already. The End.

Not done, but going away for now. We may revive the macro controller in the future, but you never know.

odingalt

Staff member
Not done, but going away for now. We may revive the macro controller in the future, but you never know.

Yeah I mean that could happen some day. But right now we are going to get simpler with our products, and focus more on what the majority of the market is asking us to produce - Call of Duty Rapidfire controllers with lots of customizations. Odin's Raven is still the most po****r Viking controller even though we quit selling it a year ago :).

If we have an opportunity in the future to somehow create a new cheap macro controller, I will be all over it! I'm not against trying to develop a macro controller for PS3, right now the biggest complaint I have is that there is absolutely no way I am going to continue to ask my employees to install six tactile switches into a tiny PS3 controller. It's a lot of work and takes some serious dexterity to close up the shell with that many wires running everywhere.

DrasticChiorDie1

Banned Users Group
Yeah I mean that could happen some day. But right now we are going to get simpler with our products, and focus more on what the majority of the market is asking us to produce - Call of Duty Rapidfire controllers with lots of customizations. Odin's Raven is still the most po****r Viking controller even though we quit selling it a year ago .

If we have an opportunity in the future to somehow create a new cheap macro controller, I will be all over it! I'm not against trying to develop a macro controller for PS3, right now the biggest complaint I have is that there is absolutely no way I am going to continue to ask my employees to install six tactile switches into a tiny PS3 controller. It's a lot of work and takes some serious dexterity to close up the shell with that many wires running everywhere.
yes see thats what i wanted to hear.. im just trying to imply that i dont want people to forget about the Macro controller once they are all gone and up and going with the next Xbox360 controller and ps3 controller. and eventually come back to updating the Macro Software.. lol no time soon. just saying.. probably after a while.. it should be updated. i love my macro controller cant see having any other mod lol it be pointless.

odingalt

Staff member
Derp,

I posted up in anything goes - I was getting the new site ready but made some mistakes when trying to install the new SSL certificate. I deleted ALL the forums posts back to August 1st. That was when I last made a site backup. Needless to say we lost a whole week of all sorts of productive conversations here in the forums. I now have the server making daily backups, and in addition to that, when I'm making changes I now always make a server snapshot before I start any work.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The PS3 controller is not exactly a macro controller, and no one has called it that. It does select macros for COD, but you cannot make new ones. It is much more than a basic turbo controller. The macro controller is for 360, and is a full out macro controller.

odingalt

Staff member
this is not a macro controller. stop calling it that. its just a glorified turbo controller for one first person game. when you make it like the Viking, you let me know.

In industry jargon, the new Viking PS3 controller is going to be a rapidfire mod with some extra goodies. (Now just remember, our PS3 rapidfire controller is still the best! Even though we "just" call it a rapidfire controller).

But I have to disagree with DeadPerfect - this controller has got more features than just rapidfire or turbo'ing buttons.