PS3 Ragnarok v1.3 New Driver up date???

palmquistj

mod update

Ok so I downloaded the software restarted computer made sure controller was off pluged in usb cable. I pressed the mod switch and turned on the controller, on the right side of my screen said something about installing updates to usb then said usb malfunction unplug device and try again. So i tried again, said same thing. I uninstalled all software from viking restarted computer reinstalled new software then restarted computer. I then plunged in controller stated it up and worked fine.

I haven't tested controller yet but going to in a minute. Thanks again for a great controller!

odingalt

Staff member
I meant that my launcher is in my custom class as a secondary weapon. NOT equipped. After I tried to reload, it would switch from my primary weapon to my launcher. So basically the fast reload only works once cause you only have 1 semtex grenade. After that, it doesn't work a second time?? I think you're better off using sleight of hand then.

The turbo knife mod, I guess i'll have to practice to get the timing down.

Fast reload will work multiple times so long as you are holding the semtex. When you fast reload, it shouldl NOT actually throw the semtex automatically!

S33KER

After updating i dont show akimbo 4 as an option in the drop down, only 1-3. I did all updates per directions and it seemed to work as posted, says ver. 1.3 when i plug contoller in. any help is welcome, thanks.

odingalt

Staff member
After updating i dont show akimbo 4 as an option in the drop down, only 1-3. I did all updates per directions and it seemed to work as posted, says ver. 1.3 when i plug contoller in. any help is welcome, thanks.

Ahh this is a quirk in the software. If you hold mod switch + hold d-pad left, it should let you count to 4. Give it a try. (I think this is just a bug in the computer software that won't let you pick 4 from the dropdown, but once you plug in to play you can manually set it to akimbo mode 4). Thanks for posting this

cjotto76

I give up on this fast reload. Odin, I've tried evrything you said, but no matter what, it switches to my secondary weapon a majority of the time. I stick with sleight of hand

palmquistj

You have to flash the Universal Driver v1.3 into your controller using the FIRMWARE UPDATER TOOL. This is a different tool than the customization software, but you only have to do this part one time.

Then, when you connect your controller to the PS3 Ragnarok software, it should save driver version v1.3 when you connect your controller.

how do i flash it? when i download the universal driver then click to install, my computer does not no what program to use. help

odingalt

Staff member
Follow the step-by-step instructions of the firmware updater tool, they couldn't be any clearer or more precise. There aren't any instructions more clear or better than the ones in the firmware updater tool.

S33KER

Hey all, having trouble with akimbo 4 working with rapid fire on. Example: mk14 with RF on and akimbo machine pistols. Only the right gun fires.I've tried turning on RF first and akimbo first before the other one and it doesn't make a difference. They both(RF/akimbo) use the far left LED, 4th I think. Any help, thanks.

odingalt

Staff member
Hey all, having trouble with akimbo 4 working with rapid fire on. Example: mk14 with RF on and akimbo machine pistols. Only the right gun fires.I've tried turning on RF first and akimbo first before the other one and it doesn't make a difference. They both(RF/akimbo) use the far left LED, 4th I think. Any help, thanks.

You can only have either rapidfire turned on, or akimbo turned on. Basically the player 4 LED you can only have one thing on at a time: rapidfire, dual trigger rapidfires, burst firing, jitter, akimbo, or zombie mode. Most of the mods are basically two-in-one anyway (like you can switch to the akimbo mode that also includes rapidfire automatically)

On Player 3 LED you can turn as many different features on as you want.

So basically you need to scroll to Akimbo mode 4. hold mod switch + hold d-pad left. Then turn akimbo on. Hold mod switch + tap dpad left.

I should also ask, the controller works in DEFAULT button layout only, unless you manually program the controller for a different button layout.