PS4 Berserker.

battlelog

Well I guess we will not be getting this any time soon maybe by the first of April???

Hi Steve we are about 1 month behind schedule, the XBOX One Bersker has to launch and then we can design the PS4 Berserker which will take about 1 month to do.

With best regards,
VikingDigital Help Desk

odingalt

Staff member
XBOX One Berserker project is kicking our ***. The good news is, the PS4 Berserker uses the same exact software platform as the XBOX One Berserker. We're setting this all up with both consoles in mind. We're running a few weeks behind on the XBOX One version which is pushing back the PS4 version. I can't give any accurate estimate until we get this XBOX One Berserker done and out the door. :-(

Again the good news is we are running a software platform to accomodate both so this isn't going to end up an empty promise like PS3 macro controller.

XBOX One Berserker project is kicking our ***. The good news is, the PS4 Berserker uses the same exact software platform as the XBOX One Berserker. We're setting this all up with both consoles in mind. We're running a few weeks behind on the XBOX One version which is pushing back the PS4 version. I can't give any accurate estimate until we get this XBOX One Berserker done and out the door. :-(

Again the good news is we are running a software platform to accomodate both so this isn't going to end up an empty promise like PS3 macro controller.

As long as we are guaranteed a PS4 Berzerker at some point I'm good

whats the diffrence between the ragnarock and the berzerker? is the zerker like the macro and the rock like the standard programmable? I have the 360 macro now and i want something similar if possible should i wait?

bonefisher

whats the diffrence between the ragnarock and the berzerker? is the zerker like the macro and the rock like the standard programmable? I have the 360 macro now and i want something similar if possible should i wait?
The Berserker is like the 360 macro but only better...way better!

JIM WALKER

so.. im guessing the berserker for the ps4 is a no go?

A kickstarter project was launched, but failed to raise enough interest at that time, pretty sure odin has not given up on it, no way no how ... the PS4 berserker WILL HAPPEN !!!!!! Just not quite yet unfortunately, you PS 4 guys deserve what we have on the xb1, its frickin awesome, hope it happens sooner rather than later ....

odingalt

Staff member
so.. im guessing the berserker for the ps4 is a no go?

We have to sell over 500 XBOX One Berserkers to break even (last time I estimated it was something like 650 of them to break even). We have sold less than 100. This is putting the damper on any new projects. Figure right now it looks like it's going to take the next 5 years to pay back the XBOX One Berserker project. 5 years is a terrible payback for technology projects, and especially for something as volatile as gaming accessories.

Everyone asks about PS4 Berserker but when it came time to put up the money, only 9 people backed a PS4 Berserker project.

Boricua

so its prob not worth it making a small batch of them? like 10 or so? I still have my xbox 360 macro even tho I don't own the console anymore. I hate that its just there collecting dust :(. wish I could use it with my ps4.

odingalt

Staff member
It's tough, there are a lot of setup costs. Even though we only need to modify the existing Viking Forge to handle PS4, we have to write new firmware from scratch for the modchip, and there are new setup fees for getting set up to run modchips for PS4 Berserker. Estimated costs (software and hardware) to go into full production is about $25,000. This gets us just one PS4 Berserker modchip off the line. After that running modchips gets a lot cheaper but there is just that big hurdle to get over. We're worried about getting burned here, if I run a short batch and it costs $25k to run and only 10 people buy then we are in trouble :)

odingalt

Staff member
Now with that said if I can get the Viking Forge improved, and move some XBOX One this Christmas, we will definitely take the profits and throw it into PS4 even if there is only 10 buyers. This is a long term project. It's just right now we are rolling into the slow (dead) season for sales so we have to hang onto every penny we have at the moment.

hopefully there will be many xbox one sales for christmas, i wondered if a new youtube video showing the capabilities of the berserker rather than the operating of the controller would be helpful, as i am surprised the public profile of viking is (to me) is lower than other companies offering supposedly similar products, i realise advertising is extremely expensive so perhaps youtube might be a helpful tool, i think it it is testament to viking that so many of it"s customers want to see viking thrive i cant think of many companies can say the same.

odingalt

Staff member
We're going to finish recording feature on Berserker, tune up the Viking Forge, add some ready-made public packs, and then get advertising. We're going to try marketing the non-advanced side of the product, by getting a bunch of ready made game packs into the Public Forge and showing how to use that side of things. To really do this we'll need to finish the recording feature which we are going to resume work on this month.

Boricua

We're going to finish recording feature on Berserker, tune up the Viking Forge, add some ready-made public packs, and then get advertising. We're going to try marketing the non-advanced side of the product, by getting a bunch of ready made game packs into the Public Forge and showing how to use that side of things. To really do this we'll need to finish the recording feature which we are going to resume work on this month.

I feel like Viking should be wayyyy bigger than what it is now. You guys should be way above company's like scuf gaming and other modding company's.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Well the market is at a stall right now. Though PS4 out selling xbox1 it would be a smart move to get a ps4 beserker. I feel its just not the right time to do so. We need more games and more new exploites to separate ourselves from everyone else!

Theres no comparison when it comes down to viking community mods compared to the competitors!

I hope we can see more games and new exploitesvto get people excited about modded controllers again.

Last edited:

PaulaTheKoala

I was thinking about getting an adapter to connect an xbox one controller to ps4 and then just getting an Xbox one berserker but then I remembered there's no way to use the touch pad so I guess I'll just wait. :(

@odingalt Maybe you guys could get people more interested in the controller by doing some more advertising (YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter, Etc) you could even see if some of the members here would share it on Facebook, I'd be happy to share it. :)

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks PaulaTheKoala for some ideas. We are stalling a bit on PS4 Berserker for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that our Viking Forge/Berserker software never got completed 100%. We're working on that and hoping to have it completed in November. The main features missing that I believe are hindering us right now are:

-Rune recording (being able to record yourself pressing buttons and then retrieve that recording into your Viking Forge account)
-Rune sharing (being able to share with others through the Viking Forge website)

These are top priority. Once we complete those we still have some other hurdles to jump over before we can develop PS4 Berserker, but we'll never get to PS4 Berserker if we don't take good care of the XBOX One Berserker customers first.

Drastic

Thanks PaulaTheKoala for some ideas. We are stalling a bit on PS4 Berserker for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that our Viking Forge/Berserker software never got completed 100%. We're working on that and hoping to have it completed in November. The main features missing that I believe are hindering us right now are:

-Rune recording (being able to record yourself pressing buttons and then retrieve that recording into your Viking Forge account)
-Rune sharing (being able to share with others through the Viking Forge website)

These are top priority. Once we complete those we still have some other hurdles to jump over before we can develop PS4 Berserker, but we'll never get to PS4 Berserker if we don't take good care of the XBOX One Berserker customers first.
the only thing thats holding me back to re purchase the ps4 is the ps4 Berserker! cant wait